0.3

˚.꒷  🏙 𓏲࣪◜𖤐 ᝢ "bright lights and red eyes"

walking in to daniels house he could feel the positive energy coming from everywhere and he didn't know how to feel about it. jack has been depressed for the last week and hasn't had what looks to be one glimpse of sunshine either. jack dragged himself to the fridge, grabbing a white claw and burring himself in the corner of the big c shaped couch.

his red eyes scanned the room seeing daniel and mallory sitting side by side and jennie sitting with her head on jonah's shoulder. corbyn had some random blonde chick on his right. mallory was daniels best friend from high school but everyone knows they like each other just won't admit it. jennie and jonah have been dating for over a year and a half. zach was just a loner.

"dude what happened to you?" corbyn piped up from across the room. jack shook his head. he didn't wanna seem weak but he could tell they could all see right through him. he is still crying about it. once everyone got settled in and zach turned on the new thor movie. half way through the movie the girls started chatting, hannah, was the blondes name and the boys ended up joining in. jack just sat there, silent. mallory spoke up beckoning jack to join the conversation but he simply ignored, being deep in overwhelming thoughts.

"has he been like this the whole time?" mal asked the boys. "pretty much, he's barely even left his apartment. he started drinking and smoking weed" daniel said to her. "damn ok" she said exasperated. "we should do something about that" jennie piped up. "dude we've tried. nothing works" zach said shaking his head. "did you force him" hannah asked. even though she didn't know the situation she still was worried. "yeah, shit don't work" jonah answered her.

the group brainstormed some ideas to get jack out of his depressive slump. they thought about the boys music career, making him stay at corbyn and jonah's place, even putting him on dating sites. but no one could agree on anything. "how about a road trip?" jennie declared. the group broke out in a chorus of 'yes's and then they started planning.

all landed on, going to chicago