Date Twelve [M]

DATE TWELVE:

Place: Jennie’s apartment
Time: July 23rd, 2016 8:00 pm
Yelp: n/a | Date: 10/5 very good things that weren't microwaved

Rosie’s nervous, but mostly excited. Very excited. Like, who wouldn’t be considering what Jennie looks like.

She rings the doorbell once, and Jennie opens it a second later, which means she was totally waiting for the door. Rosie looks at her watch, sees that she arrived three minutes early. How long had Jennie been waiting by the door?

Rosie doesn’t really care all that much when she gets a good, long look at Jennie. She’s all dressed up, the whole little black dress thing in full effect. It’s hot obviously, but also cute . It isn’t like they’re going anywhere. Rosie hopes they aren’t going anywhere, at least. That wasn’t part of the plan, and they texted a lot over the plan.

Rosie steps closer, closes the door behind her and leans in to place a quick kiss on Jennie’s lips. “Hi,” she says.

Jennie blushes. “Hi.”

Two seconds of silence pass.

Screw it.

Rosie kisses Jennie again. She places her hands to Jennie’s cheeks, presses against her so that their bodies are flushed. They’re going to do this. Really do this.

She’s thought about it all day. It’s taken everything for her not to touch herself, which is saying a lot because it’s not like Rosie isn’t a busy woman. She doesn’t exactly have time to linger and be bored. But all day her head has just been Jennie .

Rosie sighs into Jennie’s mouth before sliding her tongue against Jennie’s lower lip. She lets her hands fall lower until she can get a firm grip on Jennie’s ass.

Jennie stills, her eyes fluttering and lips parting; Rosie wants to see more but is suddenly distracted by the shrill sound of a timer going off. Jennie swallows in. “The food is ready.”

“You cooked?”

Jennie twines a hand into her hair and brushes it back. “Kind of,” she answers. “You wanna sit and I’ll bring it out?” She walks away without waiting for an answer.

“Kind of?” Rosie asks, shaking her head - but she goes to the kitchen table and sits nonetheless.

Jennie comes out with two plates of something that’s steaming. It looks like steak. “So you did or didn’t cook it?”

Jennie tucks a strand of hair behind her ear before pushing a plate towards Rosie. She mumbles something quickly and sits down in her chair.

“Huh?”

“I microwaved it,” she mutters once more, but this time Rosie can actually hear her.

She looks at the steak. It’s very wet, and puffy; there is some kind of strange sauce on top. “You microwaved...a steak? How is that even possible, is it, like, cooked all the way?”

“It’s from the freezer.”

Rosie looks at the steak again. Freezer food. “You made me freezer food for our date? Freezer food. Really?”

“Hey!” she starts, and her mouth stays open like she’s trying to figure out what to say next. She closes it for a second, then opens back up, “The box said it’s just as good as real steak…”

“Jennie?”

“Yes?”

“Can you cook?”

Jennie looks down and takes a deliberate bite out of her steak.