1

You didn't know what you were expecting when you stepped within Halaland, legally, for the first time. One could argue about the legality of your admission into the country but as far as everyone was concerned, you were a Halaland native returning from Mist Island after training.

"The wind is not different. The land is the same. I wonder why we have so many differences?" You wondered out loud and Seonghwa shot you a warning look, making the others in the car squirm.

"No matter how much this place feels like home, remember what you are here for," Seonghwa looked at all three of you as he said. Everyone nodded in synchrony. "As of this moment... we're strangers and I'm just the poor Mr. Park who was unfortunate enough to be collecting young female researchers from around the continent. Now... I hope you all remember who you are?"

"Aurora," you called your new name, the way it rolled off your lips feeling foreign even to you. "For the cryptography team."

"And the strategy team if you're lucky," Seonghwa reminded you of the first step towards your ultimate goal and you gulped, nodding. While he talked to Byeol and Nami, you resorted to watching the apple farm pass by as you drew closer to the Capital.

If someone had asked you a few years ago- before the war with Utopia began- what profession you saw yourself in, you'd say teaching in a breath. Teaching maths. Your original dream, before Halaland announced war on your home and snatched everything from you- family, friends, and dreams.

It was ironic that you were now in the very land you hated to the core, as their researcher. As the notorious Halazia Research Center- home to the most dangerous weapons on the continent- came into view, you couldn't help but wow at the endless array of towers and buildings that must make up half of the Capital. It looked plain enough for the horrors it had been producing for a decade now. You straightened and put on a practised smile before you stopped at the gate for identification.

Thankfully, none of you held your breath as they went through your tags and got a good look at you. Seonghwa said a few words to the guards and then they let you through, leading the car to the Security Office.

You got off and took a quick glance around at the grey structure and the signs in their native language before greeting the middle-aged man who you very well recognised.

"Ladies, it's a pleasure to finally have you here," he took off his hat and tipped his head in greeting and the three of you curtsied. "I am Dr. Eric Cho, co-director of Halazia. I hope your journey wasn't too troublesome- I understand you had to travel through land due to the circumstances..."

"Not at all," Byeol passed her trademark gummy smile, one that charmed not only men but women as well. "I always wanted to see what Utopia looked like. I have to admit it wasn't much."

Dr. Cho seemed to like that attitude and he laughed out loud. "I'm sure it's got some hidden gems too."

"We travelled around the border so they probably don't have much to share about the sights," Seonghwa dug out cigarettes from his pocket and offered one to the doctor and you watched them light each other's cigarettes, sharing a moment which made rage simmer in your throat but you tightened your smile- Seonghwa was only acting. "Shall I take them inside?"

Dr. Cho motioned for one of the officers to escort you inside the Security Office and you weren't surprised by how thoroughly you were all checked- they didn't spare one inch on your body, which made you feel a bit uncomfortable. When you were done and came outside, Dr. Cho scanned you.

"Are you the one who decrypted our code in the shortest time so far?"

"3 minutes and 28 seconds, Doctor," you saluted. "Aurora Han at your service."