8

Yunho was right about his brother being drafted to the enemy lines this time. He hated that he was right, but he could do nothing about it-

Or so he thought, because something had indefinitely snapped inside of you. Your hatred for Halaland was not only because of the fact that they took away your home and family, but because they took away the families of the ones who laid their lives for the cause. What for, you wondered? Halaland couldn't even protect its own. So now, you were hell-bent on doing something about it.

Each day, you pretended to be serving Halaland with utmost sincerity, urging Yunho to put on the same act. He tried his best and you prayed that it would mislead the superiors and whoever was watching. Every other night, you and Yunho gathered in either of your rooms to discuss whatever you found during the day- stealing from the database (Yunho was quite skilled) or picking information spontaneously (your forte). You'd match your findings but-

Whatever was going on in Medical Research was very, very serious if it was kept this confidential. You always found yourselves at a dead end- anyone you could contact was either still an employee or wiped off the map without a trace.

So each night, you held Yunho in your arms and assured him that you would make it right for him. You caressed his face and kissed his head in promise, and each night he would ask you why you were doing this for him, just like he asked you tonight.

"Call me ungrateful but I don't understand why you're doing this for me, Aurora," he was tracing the outlines of your face with one finger while you rested in his lap with a thick bundle of files you had been going through since the evening- the information of all the Utopian employees in the Medical Department. "I'd really like to know what the other reason is. You can't simply be doing this for me."

"What do you think it is?" You asked absently, reading the data of the person Yunho had pointed out earlier- Song Mingi. One of his oldest friends here who used to oversee some business in Medical Research before he went missing without a trace. The one, Yunho had told you, who made him embark on this journey.

"I don't know," Yunho's arm was a comfortable weight around you and his lips on the bare skin of your neck were welcome. "I'm not sure I want to find out."

"You're pretty insistent for someone who doesn't want to find out," you mumbled, frowning as you read Song's supervisor's name- Dr. Kim- the same doctor who took your reports in your previous missions. "Is it strange that every missing person is somehow connected to Dr. Kim of Research?"

Yunho stopped nuzzling into your neck to look at you and think. "He is the supervisor."

"That file over there," you pointed at a file on the floor. "It said that Dr. Kim became the supervisor after every Utopian was expelled. A promotion at such a sensitive time is rather strange, don't you think, given how 'saddened' you all must have been having lost a valuable ally in the war."

Yunho shifted under you, making you face him, limbs still tangled. "You're saying the feud must have begun due to something that happened in Medical Research, right?"

"It's a possibility we should consider," you planted the seed, knowing very well that it was a fact. "The timing of it all is strange. Do you think we can have someone confirm this fact? Or at least give us a hint?"

"I could ask Dr. Kang, but I'm not sure where his loyalty stands now," he faltered.

"I mean... if they still haven't erased him off the map, probably with Halaland?" You said and Yunho chuckled.

"Not that part. We're all answering to someone. I don't know if he's answering to the right person."

"I think we can trust him," you offered. "When he trained me, he always insisted I put my 'moral values' before any order, no matter who it came from. It always stuck with me."