10

The past week, Yunho had replayed every moment since Aurora came into his life. Every single time he had seen her, had interacted with her or heard about her from someone else.

He realised he had been blind. The answer was so painfully obvious- Aurora wasn't from Halaland at all. He was pretty sure her name wasn't Aurora as well.

She was a spy, he knew. And now that he thought about it, she hadn't really done much to hide it- at least not in front of him. From always staring towards the west, not at the setting sun but towards her homeland, to almost cracking Utopia's code so easily- he wondered if she was the mastermind behind the code. The way she questioned every move Halaland made, the way she put a distance between them-

Every night, he held the four bullets in his hands and wondered why she kept the fifth one. It made him so, so restless.

And every night, Yunho always ended his train of thoughts with the same question every night-

Did she actually love him, or was all of it to get to Medical Research?

Was he simply a rung on the ladder to get to her goal? Or was he not meant to be part of the equation at all, a mistake on her part?

Yunho didn't realise how long he simply stood in front of the cottage until someone creeped up behind him, patting his back and scaring him a little. It was Seonghwa- yet another surprise.

Just how many people in the Halazia Research Facility were spies? Were they only Utopians or were they from other nations as well?

"I almost killed you because I didn't recognise you," Seonghwa lit a cigarette, offering him one but Yunho declined. "So you're finally here."

"What do you mean 'finally here'?" Yunho asked. "Were you expecting me?"

"We placed bets- don't tell Aurora," Seonghwa snickered. "Yeosang owes me 10 now."

She was still here.

"Where is she?" Yunho gulped.

"Not so quick, mate," Seonghwa scanned him. "You've been travelling quite a bit, haven't you?"

"Have you been spying on me?" Yunho scoffed.

"Weren't you looking for a place to keep your brother safe?" Seonghwa simply said. "Have you found one?"

"Not yet," Yunho admitted.

"You could come with us, you know."

Yunho considered that. "I don't know who 'us' is. I can't blindly follow you to god knows where."

"Well then, I guess you should meet the Captain. He specifically asked me to bring you to him if you came. He's quite interested in seeing the face of the person who broke his dear Aurora's heart."

Yunho raised a brow though his heart sank at his admission. "Where is she, Seonghwa?"

"Out on a mission- she'll be back by dawn," Seonghwa urged him to follow him inside and took him to a room where Yunho spotted a man with unique hair standing by the fire. Seonghwa knocked on the door and he turned.

"This is Jeong Yunho."

"This is him?" the man scoffed as he came forward, a cane in his hand that Yunho wasn't entirely sure was for mobility purposes. Probably a weapon. "I expected something else- I don't know. I can't believe this is the face that melted her frozen heart."

"And who are you?" Yunho countered, watching Seonghwa take his leave. The man motioned for him to take a seat and Yunho did after a moment of hesitation. The man followed, sitting in front of him.