Making History

A/N: Just a short bit of pure fluff, because why not?

Taylor's POV

"Tay, why can't I see the dress now?" Travis whines over facetime.

"Because I said so." I reply with a grin.

"But I'll be on the plane when you walk the carpet."

"Then you'll have to wait to see it when the pictures come out, or you catch me in the audience."

"You're so unfair." I know he's just being ridiculous, so I roll my eyes at him.

"Trust me, it'll be worth the wait."

"But I won't be able to see you afterwards. I won't see you at all until the game."

"I know. But the fact that you would be here with me if you could, means more to me than you could ever understand."

"Oh I understand perfectly." A cheeky smile graces his face. "The boys before me were stupid and insecure."

"Don't be mean."

"That was me being polite Tay." He's completely serious, and I can't help but laugh.

"What am I going to do with you?" I ask, shaking my head.

"Love me forever?"

"I think I can manage that."

"Glad to hear it. I've got to go. I'll talk to you later sweetie. I love you."

"Love you too Trav." I blow him a kiss before we hang up, and I can't wipe the smile off my face.

"Taylor?!" Tree calls from the other room. "We need to start getting ready."

"Coming!"

***

I can't believe how much rain is coming down right now. This is Los Angeles. Getting inside is going to be interesting. We're already running late because of the traffic, and the rain isn't helping matters.

"Taylor, I doubt anyone will mind. And I bet we're not the only ones in this situation." Tree tries to calm me down before a panic attack takes over. I do not need to ruin my makeup right now. I don't know what I would do without Tree. I definitely made the right choice for a publicist. I never have to worry if she has things under control.

"Okay. You're right. I know you're right."

"I'm always right." She replies with a grin, making me laugh. But it's true.

Walking the carpet with Lana is much more fun, especially knowing that we're not stopping for any interviews. Just pictures. I'm sure the swifties were expecting me to wear black, so they're probably very confused that I am in white. Just how I like it. I really hope I win one of the awards I'm nominated for. Just so I can tell them my album secret. And it's not Rep TV. They're all so focused on it, that I've bene dropping hints about a new one that most of them have missed. I really enjoy teasing them far too much.

As expected, we walk into the room late. Trevor Noah is doing his opening monologue as we're going through the middle of the room, and basically pauses to tell everyone that I'm here. His jokes are in very good taste, as they were last year. He's a host I can respect. And he's mad at the NFL fans that are angry about me being shown during the game. It really isn't my fault.

Miley wins the best pop solo performance. It would've been nice to win that one, but it's her first Grammy. And I've known her for long time, so I'm so proud of her. She deserves it.

The next category I'm up for is best pop vocal album. I'm up against some really good albums, so I'll be happy for any of them, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to win. My mouth drops when they call my name as the winner. Yes! I do the handshake with Jack and give Lana a hug before I head to the stage. Damn, I get to announce the new album. This is going to cause chaos. And I love it.