Chapter 9

Casma POV:

It's been about a week since we left Zestier. I still hadn't made any progress in manipulating any element it was still just popping every time I tried. I was slightly worried but nothing would pop off for another couple of years, so I would be fine as long as I worked on my core. I just needed to make sure Art helped Lilia and Ellie awaken earlier than last time. This would help decrease the deaths that would occur during the terrorist attack on the academy.

"Papa you need to relax a bit. Everything will work out, plus all you do is think about the future and it ends up pouring over into me." She sat up in my lap and stretched, "And it's getting annoying. Moving on, however," She jumped to the window in the carriage, "It looks like we've finally arrived in Xyrus."

When I looked out the window I realized she was right as we came close to a giant wall with a guarded gate. Once our identities were verified, and a slight shock to the guards upon learning my identity, were were allowed through. The streets were lined with vendors like Zestier, but all were run by humans instead of elves.

The further we got into the city the fewer buildings we could see and soon enough the only ones we saw were those for either the rich or those who had noble status. The carriage slowed as it pulled up to a gate to one of the mansions.

"Is this the place we're staying?" I asked without looking away.

"Yes, it's owned by some of our old friends that we now work for," Reynolds responded, "I'll let them introduce themselves, but they're kind people. They helped Alice and I when we had thought we lost Art in the bandit attack."

We pulled up to the front and everyone slowly got out of the carriage. Reynolds held Ellie as she was asleep, Alice was right next to them, Art had Sylv sleeping on his head, her favorite spot, and Yukina was sitting on my shoulder, somehow not falling off. When we got to the doors they swung open as a maid walked out bowing.

"Good Evening Leywins and guest, unfortunately, the Helsteas are currently out right now."

"Thank you, for now, can you show our guest to a room? I think everyone is tired so we can do greetings in the morning." Reynolds asked.

"Will do. Please follow me." I just followed the maid not paying attention to where I was going. Eventually, we made it to a room that she opened and motioned for me to enter, "This will be your room for now until we get a room prepared for you."

"Thank you," I said as I entered the room and the door closed behind me. I opened my bag which had clothes inside as my parents didn't have time to prepare a dimension ring. I pulled out a fresh pair of clothes, made sure Yukina wasn't going to run off from me and headed for the bathroom. I turned the water for the bath on and waited for it to heat up once it did I placed Yukina down and looked at her.

"Well, do you want to get a bath or am I going to need to force you," I asked.

"I'll happily take one. I feel nasty after not taking one for a week." And without a second thought, she jumped right into the tub. I laughed at her antics but undressed and got in myself. I pulled her to me and scrubbed her down with soap before washing her off and letting her swim in the large tub. She seemed to be enjoying herself. I decided to take the time and work on trying to manipulate the water with mana to just even do something small. A small ball of water started to float up from the tub but as soon as the ball was almost out *pop* it fell back in.

"Papa, you know the more you try to force it the harder it'll be." She said.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused. I wasn't trying to force it, but every day that I couldn't get anywhere the more annoyed I became.