Chapter 12

Casma POV:

I awoke to a girl screaming. I snapped up, augmenting my body the best I could as a couple of small water knives hovered over my hand. It took me a second to realize that it was Ellie who had screamed and was sitting up against the wall, looking at her left hand. It took even more time before I processed the fact it was daytime, she had never left my room, and it was only a matter of time before others came running into the room.

Too bad for me the only time Art ever wakes up on time, is when his family or friends are in danger. He came bursting into the room and saw me sitting up on the bed water knives till in the air and Ellie against the wall. The next moment I felt Art releasing his pressure against me. I waved away my spell and sighed at how quickly this morning was turning to shit.

"Can you give me a moment to collect my thoughts, after leaving the auction last night I wasn't right in the mind," I said.

"You have ten seconds," He hissed, lessening his pressure.

I quickly reached out to Yukina, who was now between Ellie and me, "Hey what happened last night?"

"Nothing much Ellie was comforting you, very maturely at that which was surprising, and then the tense situation of last night caught up to the both of you and you both passed out in your bed."

"Then why was she screaming?"

"Why am I hearing voices in my head and why is it saying my name." A third voice interrupted our conversation.

"Oh god, please don't tell me." I voiced out loud

Art's eyes narrowed at me, "Don't tell you what?" His mana pushed down on me once again.

"Um, Ellie, can you show us your left hand since you're eyeing it like you've caught a disease?" I said walking closer. Surprisingly Art didn't stop me. She held it up revealing what I thought.

"Tell me, can you hear me right now?" Ellie looked at me and tilted her head slightly.

"Why are you in my head, wait how are you?" At this, I facepalmed, picked up Yukina, and handed her to Art. She seemed to freeze as she looked between Art and me. Scared that the one holding her wasn't me anymore.

"Papa, why did you hand me to Uncle Art?"

"Because he's the one that's going to decide your punishment for what you did."

"What are you talking about Casma?" Art asked confusion written all over his face.

"I don't even know how this is possible but she somehow formed a bond with Ellie. It shouldn't be possible but it's the only way to explain the mark Ellie has on her hand, and the fact, that I can now talk with her the same way you and Sylvie would." Art's face just seemed to freeze.

"Yukina was able to bond with Ellie and she is still able to maintain the bond with you?" It was all he could get out.

"I'll have to look into it more but with her being an extremely rare mana beast, if she's even a mana beast, I don't think I can give a reason why she's able to do this. Since her mark only has the fox though, I think this is the extent of what she can do, she doesn't have the full mark, but we won't know till later."

"Yukina, since I have a bond of my own I'd like to think of you and Sylvie in the same light." Art held her up by the skin on her neck, "But as I see Sylvie as my daughter and I can assume Casma sees you the same, I won't be too harsh."

"Papa I think Uncle is actually a kind person." She said with a hope-filled voice.

"No meat for a month and if I see Casma or anyone sneak you a piece," He let the punishment sink in for a moment while he seemed to ponder what he would do, "Casma and I will have a... eventful sparring session."