Please Cody

Cody was sitting on the couch, scrolling through his phone, when he saw the news. His heart stopped, his breath caught, his eyes widened."NOAH WINS TOTAL DRAMA WORLD TOUR!"

The headline screamed at him, accompanied by a picture of Noah holding a giant check for 10 million dollars, surrounded by confetti and balloons. He looked happy, triumphant, proud.

Cody felt a surge of emotions: shock, disbelief, anger, sadness, jealousy, and regret. He had been rooting for Noah, of course. He had been watching every episode, cheering him on, texting him words of encouragement. He had been hoping for Noah to win, to achieve his dream, to be happy.

But he had also been hoping for something else. He had been hoping for Noah to come back, to see him, to hug him, to kiss him. He had been hoping for Noah to say he missed him, he loved him, he wanted him. He had been hoping for Noah to choose him, over the money, over the fame, over the world.

He had been hoping for Noah to be his boyfriend.They had been dating for a few months before Noah left for the show. They had met in the previous season of Total Drama, where they had become friends, then more. They had shared secrets, jokes, kisses, cuddles. They had fallen in love, or so Cody thought. 

But then Noah got the offer to join the World Tour, and everything changed. He said he couldn't refuse, it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, it was his dream. He said he would be gone for a few months, but he would keep in touch, he would call, he would text. He said he would come back, he would see him, he would hug him, he would kiss him. He said he loved him, he wanted him, and he chose him.

He said he would be his boyfriend.

But he lied.He didn't keep in touch, he didn't call, he didn't text. He didn't come back, he didn't see him, he didn't hug him, he didn't kiss him. He didn't love him, he didn't want him, he didn't choose him. 

He didn't know his boyfriend.

He broke his heart. 

Cody threw his phone across the room, feeling tears sting his eyes. He buried his face in his hands, feeling a sob escape his lips. He curled up on the couch, feeling a pain in his chest. He wished he could forget Noah, hate Noah, erase Noah. He wished he could move on, find someone else, and be happy.

But he couldn't.He loved Noah, he missed Noah, and he wanted Noah. He needed Noah, he chose Noah, and he was Noah's.He was his boyfriend.He heard a knock on the door, followed by a familiar voice.

"Cody? Cody, are you there? It's me, Noah. Please, open the door. I need to talk to you."

Cody froze, feeling a shock run through his body. He recognized the voice, the voice he had longed to hear, the voice he had dreamed of, the voice he had hated. He felt a mix of emotions: surprise, confusion, curiosity, hope, fear, anger. He wondered what Noah wanted, why he was here, what he would say. He wondered if he should open the door, ignore him, or yell at him. 

He wondered if he still loved him, or hated him, or both.

He got up from the couch and walked towards the door. He reached for the knob and hesitated. 

He took a deep breath and opened the door.

He saw Noah standing there, holding a suitcase, a backpack, and a bouquet.

 He looked tired, nervous, and guilty. He smiled weakly, and said, "Hey, Cody. I'm back."

Cody stared at him, feeling a rush of emotions: shock, disbelief, anger, sadness, jealousy, regret, surprise, confusion, curiosity, hope, fear, and love. He opened his mouth, and said, "Noah."They looked at each other, feeling the tension, the history, the drama. They felt the love, the hate, the hurt, the desire. They felt the need, the choice, the chance, the risk.They felt each other, and that was all that mattered.

Cody didn't know what to do. He wanted to slam the door in Noah's face and tell him to go away and never come back. He wanted to punch Noah in the face, to make him feel the pain he had caused him, to make him regret everything. He wanted to hug Noah in his arms, to feel his warmth, to hear his heartbeat. He wanted to kiss Noah on the lips, to taste his sweetness, to feel  

his love.

He wanted to be his boyfriend.

But he also didn't.He didn't want to let Noah back into his life, to give him another chance, to trust him again. He didn't want to forgive Noah for his lies, silence, and betrayal. He didn't want to forget Noah's actions, his words, his choices. He didn't want to love Noah, to miss him, to want him.

He didn't want to be his boyfriend.

He was torn, confused, and conflicted. He didn't know what to say, what to do, what to feel. He looked at Noah, who was still standing there, holding his gifts, waiting for his response. He saw the hope, the fear, the guilt, the love in his eyes. He felt a tug, a pull, a push, a twist in his heart.He opened his mouth, and said, "What are you doing here, Noah?"

Noah sighed, and said, "I came to see you, Cody. I came to talk to you. I came to apologize to you. I came to tell you the truth."

Cody raised his eyebrows, and said, "The truth? What truth? The truth that you lied to me, that you ignored me, that you dumped me? The truth that you chose the money, the fame, the world over me? The truth that you don't love me, that you never loved me, that you used me?"Noah shook his head, and said, "No, Cody, no. That's not the truth. That's not the truth at all. 

The truth is that I love you, Cody. I love you more than anything. I love you more than the money, the fame, the world. I love you more than myself."

Cody snorted, and said, "Yeah, right. If you love me so much, then why did you do what you did? Why did you leave me, why did you hurt me, why did you break my heart?"Noah looked down, and said, "Because I'm an idiot, Cody. Because I'm a coward, a jerk, a fool. Because I thought I was doing the right thing, the best thing, the only thing. Because I thought I was protecting you, helping you, saving you."

Cody frowned, and said, "Protecting me? Helping me? Saving me? From what, Noah? From what?"

Noah looked up, and said, "From me, Cody. From me."Cody blinked, and said, "What do you mean, Noah? What do you mean?"

Noah took a deep breath, and said, "I mean that I'm not good for you, Cody. I mean that I'm not worthy of you, Cody. I mean that I'm not enough for you, Cody. I mean that you deserve better than me, Cody. You deserve someone who can make you happy, who can treat you right, who can give you everything. You deserve someone who is not me, Cody."

Cody shook his head, and said, "No, Noah, no. You're wrong, Noah. You're wrong about everything. You're good for me, Noah. You're worthy of me, Noah. You're enough for me, Noah. You're the only one who can make me happy, who can treat me right, who can give me everything. You're the only one I want, Noah. You're the only one I love, Noah."

Noah smiled, and said, "Really, Cody? Really?"

Cody nodded, and said, "Really, Noah. Really."

Noah dropped his suitcase, his backpack, and his flowers. He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around Cody. He pulled him close, and whispered in his ear, "I love you, Cody. I'm sorry for everything. Please, forgive me."

Cody wrapped his arms around Noah, and whispered back, "I love you too, Noah. I forgive you. Please, don't leave me again."They kissed, feeling each other's warmth, happiness, forgiveness, love. They kissed, feeling the past, the present, the future. They kissed, feeling the end, the beginning, the continuation.

They kissed, and that was all that mattered.