7

A few days later, you found yourself back at the palace- but this time, in the middle of the night. You spotted Jongho trying to fight a yawn as the two of you waited for the prince to arrive and you scoffed.

"Just yawn, big and large, and get it over with," you told him and he sighed, grinning. You didn't realise you were grinning back until he paused and looked at you.

"What?" He asked.

"You have a... cute smile."

You immediately realised a few things- Jongho never expected to hear something like this from you, you never expected to say something like this to anyone for that matter, and the fact that you actually thought about this-

"It's the lack of sleep talking, isn't it?" He laughed this time, all gummy smiles and curved eyes and you resisted the urge to pinch the cheek of the man who was sitting in front of you. In the royal chambers. You ought to get a grip-

"Yes, but it's also the truth," you tilted your head as you watched him in a teasing manner. "Has nobody ever told you that?"

"Okay, stop flirting with me," Jongho clapped as he straightened. "The prince will be arriving any second now."

"But he's not here right now," you teased and Jongho scoffed at you and shook his head in disbelief.

"I'll let the Prince know he ought to think twice before disturbing your sleeping schedule because clearly it's messing with your brain- it's like you're a whole new person when you're sleepy-"

"Or maybe I'm just too wide awake for my own good-"

"What's happening? I wanna join- it looks like something interesting is going on," Hongjoong arrived with Seonghwa right behind and the two of you got up, stifling your giggles- giggles- as you bowed.

You really should have taken a nap today.

"Nothing, Prince Hongjoong," you smiled sweetly at him and he pouted.

"You're no fun," the prince shook his head and Seonghwa scoffed.

"You're one to say," he muttered as he sat and Prince Hongjoong looked pointedly at him.

"This lad is practically asking for an execution order now," he pointed at Seonghwa who dramatically bowed in apology. "Anyways, I have information that I need to share urgently. I know what exactly it is that Woobin has been trying so hard to hide. It's a ledger which proves that the King and Prince Woobin have been illegally depositing funds to... make a guess where exactly."

"Eden?" You shrugged, "But then... I think there's a third nation involved?"

"Utopia is funding Eden's mission to annex Mist Island- it's nothing new if we think about it. Eden's government has always been somewhat controlled by Utopia. Eden's prince is one fool if he thinks Utopia will just sit and watch as Mist Island and Eden become one- they'll take over Eden right after. I don't know what they're blinded by, but clearly a large amount of black money makes do."

"So the physical copy is here?" You asked and they nodded. "And it gives proof of your brother and father's involvement?"

"Sadly, yes," Prince Hongjoong confirmed and you scoffed in disbelief. "As well as your father's involvement."

"Of course," you nodded. "How do you want to proceed?"

"We were thinking," Seonghwa began, "We obtain the ledgers and either resort to blackmailing or make it public."

"Wouldn't blackmailing put your life at more risk?" Jongho pointed out. "They won't just sit back and let you control them even if you could make the ledgers public."