6

As soon as your father was appointed the Minister of Foreign Affairs, it seemed like all hell broke loose. The uproar in the palace as the subjects of the king expressed their disappointment in the decision could be heard for miles. The citizens started protesting especially when the soldiers from Eden started terrorising the locals, which led to innocent spilling of blood and unfair punishments- it was obvious even to a fool that the locals were at a disadvantage and were being treated unfairly.

However, your father continued to parade shamelessly through town, head arrogantly high and that permanent smug across his face. You had just been gazing out of the window, admiring the clear sky after a spell of cloudy days, when you spotted the person you least wanted to see and groaned audibly, making Jongho, who was sitting across you reading a book, look up at you, laughing to himself when he saw your incredibly annoyed face.

"I'm guessing Mr. Lee is making his way here," he went back to reading his book.

You folded your arms as you glared at him. "I didn't think you were actually serious when you said he would come visit any day now."

"It was about time anyway," Jongho flipped a page. "He's really the kind to boast about his achievements, and you being on the side that's against him... he's going to rub it in your face. I suppose I'll enjoy the sight-"

He blocked the spoon you threw at him with his book, chuckling. Before you could pick something else to attack him with, the ominous bell of the hotel door rang and you heard a good amount of people entering. With a glare at Jongho's direction, you made your way to the reception.

"I don't believe you have a reservation," you said coolly, not bothering with greetings. "We're quite full today, so-"

"Hotel Crescent," your father looked around, pausing when he spotted Jongho who was pretending he was too busy to notice what the ruckus was about. "Business must be booming these days."

"More foreigners than locals is not a good sign," you raised your brow at him. He looked back at his gang of five- all from Eden- and laughed.

"Good thing I'm a local then!"

"Are you?" You scoffed. "You haven't called Mist Island your home in more than two decades."

"Well," Mr. Lee ignored that. "Can we have some coffee then? I'm here to discuss business with you, Madame. Let's keep it professional, shall we?"

You motioned at Sakura to lead the guests to the empty table, but your father made his way to Jongho who finally looked up and pretended to be pleasantly surprised as he got up and bowed. As they seated, you watched your father have what looked like a serious conversation with Jongho. He was probably interrogating him and hearing what Jongho had to report. You made your way to that table after a few minutes, seating yourself before folding your arms and glaring pointedly at your father.

"I take it you're getting along with Jongho here," he smirked.

"Quite well, actually," you narrowed your eyes at him. "Let's talk business."

Your father took a deep breath before shifting a bit in his seat to turn towards you. "I've heard you trade a secret for a secret. Any kind."

"That's true, but I measure the worth of your secret before I give something back," you said.

"Well, I have something for you-"

"And with people like you," you continued, "I don't really believe a word that comes out of your mouth, so don't expect me to give you something back."

He chuckled loudly at that, shaking his head and looking at Jongho as if they could share that sentiment. Jongho, to your relief, didn't respond. Mr. Lee shook his head. "How about this? You give me a secret about your dear Prince Hongjoong, and I'll give you something you can't resist."