9

Now that you had taken a step further into your relationship with Jongho, you were finding just how much everything had changed but strangely enough, nothing had changed at all.

It was kind of funny- you both still teased each other to the point the other would be annoyed, you both still spent most of your time together. He hovered over you a lot while you were working, and when you had free time you two would talk. Yet... the way you looked at each other now was different. Every glance and every touch was more meaningful. You two didn't have much experience in that field so you two were navigating your way together, at a calm pace.

However, sometimes all you wanted was for him to hold you. Sometimes, at night after wrapping up, if you both were up for one last cup of tea or coffee, you two would sit by the fire in each other's arms. He would massage your shoulders or you would play with his hair. Such simple gestures filled your heart with an overwhelmingly good feeling. And sometimes, when he would tuck your hair back before he kissed you, you would want to live in that moment forever.

You both were still trying to figure out just what Mr. Lee's role was in the disappearance of your mother, in the Twilight Society's mission that had failed. With each passing day, there was this undeniable tension growing around you two. Mr. Lee was your father, and he was the man who raised Jongho. Though you two badmouthed the man all you wanted with each other, things were different now as the suspicions grew.

As you closed the register and instructed Sakura to take the files to the storage, you glanced at Jongho who was sitting in a corner, going through some of his own work. He wanted to buy some land here since he had a lot of money from his time in Eden, and he was also trying to acquire the land that had once been his- his father's home. You put your face in your hands as you watched him dreamily, your attention diverting when the bell rang and the customers entered-

Prince Hongjoong. Seonghwa. And a few guards. For a moment, your heart sank and an eerie silence fell in the hotel, prompting Jongho to look up as well. But when the Prince smiled after spotting you, you relaxed.

"I'm just here to grab coffee with you, can you tell everyone to relax?" Hongjoong laughed as you greeted him.

"They can't help it," you grinned.

"I'll ask the guards to stay outside," Seonghwa said and you led Hongjoong to the sitting area, who decided to sit with Jongho when he spotted him. Seonghwa joined and you had a maid take their order.

"Are you free right now?" Hongjoong asked.

"I am," you confirmed. "What prompted you to get coffee this late at night? Shouldn't you be getting your royal sleep or something?"

Hongjoong chuckled. "I thought I'd visit here and boom your business. It's been a while since I last came here."

You nodded- it had been years. The only time he had visited was when he wanted to personally scout you. Hongjoong grinned. "I'll visit more now, now that we're... friends."

"After all of this is over, this place might be no more," you surprised him with that. "So visit more often, preferably months apart instead of years."

"Alright," Hongjoong nodded, glancing at Seonghwa and Jongho who were engaged in some discussion. "We've found out everything, y/n. About the Twilight Society. We have gathered proof, and I would like it if you could visit the day after tomorrow so we can talk to the scholars."

Your heart sank. "Of course. Are you going to tell me what you learned?"

"After coffee," Hongjoong sighed. "And alone. More because Jongho would need to be alone when he hears it."