Chapter One

Hello, my name is Kayla Branford, this is the story about how Michael and I met and it gets wild. I am from Northern Ireland, then moved to New York City when I was 7, then also moved to California when I was 14, but eventually I've moved to Las Vegas in the summer. Now, I am in Encino, California. I am a 19 year old musician and this is now the story.

I hopped into my car and I drove to a café to pick up my friend, Gia's, coffee.

Gia works with a Record Label with Quincy. Happens to be the one I signed a contract with. Gia is 5 years older than me, but she is well educated and she is also pretty close with Quincy.

Once I got there, I checked in as usual and went in the back as I heard a familiar voice sing.

I go to the studio every day to drop off Gia's coffee and to get some work done.

Even write music and pay attention to the other artists and their style of music.

Quincy was signaling me to come in quietly as I see behind the glass window, Michael Jackson singing.

I sat down next to Gia and she started to giggle quietly.

"What's funny?" I question and she smiles.

"You and Michael have similar style. It's weird but funny to me. Are you trying to look like him?" Questions Gia and I scoff.

"Uh, no. This is how I've always dressed. You know this." I say and she shrugs her shoulders.

After the recording, Quincy called over Michael and me to sit on the sofa.

"I have a favor to ask the both of you." Quincy says and Michael nods and moves a little farther away from me on the sofa.

"What is the matter with you?" I whisper to him and Quincy goes through a file real quick.

"Im moving away because I can see your fangs sticking out." Michael whispers picking on me because I wasn't in a very good mood.

"Oh shut up!" I whisper back at him and pinched his arm.

"Ow. That actually hurt." Michael whispers while rolling his eyes.

"Okay anyways. Stop it, the both of you. This is important business." Quincy says and we sit up straight. "I know you two never get along, but there is a reason why I brought you two to sit here. It's about the media." Says Quincy and Michael sits back and rubbed his bottom lip with his index finger.

"Okay.. What about the media?" I question.

"Michael don't take this the wrong way but.. Kayla, you are like the female version of Michael. The fans want to see a duo." Says Quincy and Michael sits forward and my eyes widen.

"Her and I?! Together singing? Absolutely not." Michael says.

"I can say the same for you, dimwit." I say and Michael rolls his eyes. "You realize, I can see Every time you roll your eyes at me, right?" I question.

"Yeah, so? What are you going to do about it? Punish me?" Michael says and chuckles.

"Don't you ever shut up?" I question.

"Can you?" Michael questions with a scoff.

"Okay, stop it, the both of you act like children." Says Quincy as he gives Michael and I THE look. "We don't have all day. We have a tight schedule and not enough time." Says Quincy and Michael sits up.

"The fans want a duo of me and this clown?" I question with a giggle. "Yeah okay, as if that'll ever happen." I say and Michael nods his head.

"Yeah! But I'm not the clown. She is." Michael says and I roll my eyes.