𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑    /    𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒❛ is that the wheat symbol? ❜

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 / 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒
❛ is that the wheat symbol? ❜

STELLA'S HEAD IS TILTED DOWN as she scribbles on her paper. She was supposed to be taking a test, but after last nights adventures, she didn't get really any time to study. She was really just circling random letters.

"Mr. Sunn, can I borrow Pope for a minute?"

Pope's head tilts up to see an unfamiliar man at the door. "We're in the middle of a test," Mr. Sunn tells him.

"I'm from the Vanderhorst Foundation."

"Mr. Heyward, it's for you." Pope rises from his seat and exits the classroom, leaving his friends confused and puzzled.

Minutes later, he hurriedly returns to his seat with wide eyes and an envelope in hand. Stella leans in her seat. "Okay, what is that?" Kiara asks.

Pope says nothing but holds up the envelope. Stella and JJ have to squint to see it. "Is that the wheat symbol?"

"Yeah."

Stella's eyes go wide. "Holy—!"

"What the f— fu... fu... fudge." JJ finishes after a stern look from Mr. Sunn.

Stella shakes her head and turns back to her test. She pushes her hair behind her ears and hurriedly circles the last few answers on her test, suddenly desperate to be finished.

A paper airplane hits her head as soon as she circles the last answer. "I didn't think that was going to work." JJ smiles.

Stella rolls her eyes, grabbing the airplane and tossing it back. It sours over his head and hits a different student. "Shit," Stella curses and the two tilt their heads down, Mr. Sunn looking for the culprit.

Out of the corner of their eyes, they look at each other and chuckle lightly.

Stella and JJ begin playing games with their paper to pass the time, and the Pogues rush out of the classroom when the bell finally rings.

She follows behind a swiftly moving Pope and Kiara toward the library. "Is this a game of tag?"

"I don't know."

"Am I going to have to beat you with your protractor? What's going on?" JJ hissed as a librarian shushes him.

"Seriously, Pope, you are driving me insane."

The group stops in front of a computer and Pope turns to his friends. "Okay, so that guy was from the scholarship committee. Take a look at this." Pope hands over the envelope and JJ snatches it. "Read it."

"Out loud."

Stella intensely watches JJ look at it, waiting for him to speak. He looks at her awkwardly. "I can't read cursive."