Starling Co. (Eric Starling) - Chapter 1

At the Starling's Company,

"Good heavens! How could this be?" Mrs. Starling's face lit up red indicating the rise in her blood pressure. Her movement seemed swayed as if she were going to faint at any moment.

The purifier device next to her desk clicked on and the scent of rose mint filled the air from her diffuser that was placed perfectly in one corner. From her stance, she fell back into her chair to reanalyze the report she had just received. 

"I can assure you there is no mistake in the gathering of the sales intel from the Heartful's Corporation," A gentleman in a grey suit stood a couple feet away from the desk with his hands placed one over the other in front of him as he spoke confidently, "My sources are very reliable,"

Mrs. Starling could not stand to hear another word from him. Though, she could not deny his skills, she had rather received a satisfactory report or no report at all. She held her cellphone tight in her hand. 

"I need to call my son," She turned to her phone and searched for her son. The phone began to ring. 

"Mother?" The sound of her son's voice was a shot of relief. If there was anyone that could turn it all around, it was her dear son that she has been so proud of. If there is a problem, he had never failed to fix a single one. 

"My dear son..." Mrs. Starling spoke with distress, but the sound of her son's chuckle interrupted her. It was a sound of a solution, "Son, did you..."

"Mother, you need to relax. I've already sent out a new project plan to the marketing team. This will be addressed very soon. But you need to give me more time to release it. Our team is on to something," He spoke without giving much detail, which instilled a slight bit of uncertainty. But she knew she could trust her son. 

Eric Starling was undoubtably handsome, a heartbreaker amongst the female employees, but his care for the company outshined over all the negative thoughts and gossip from all the team members. He took the spot as CEO when he was only 24 years old, during his peak years in college towards a doctorates degree in Business. 

He learned everything he needed to know from his highly intelligent professor. Though he tried to offer him a job at his company, the professor simply refused. To watch others succeed through his teachings was his life's purpose. His eternal happiness. 

The call beeps to indicate its end. 

"Eric is handling it as we speak. You are dismissed," Mrs. Starling happily threw the report away in the trash and waved the gentleman to exit her office. 

Earlier that day, Eric was sitting at a table in a local coffee shop, nearby the company, as he examined the data on his laptop. A live line chart fluctuated up and down until he noticed the line gradually decreasing without gain. He smirked and sipped his coffee, then began to type excessively on the computer. 

The female workers hearts were throbbing and yearning for him to gaze upon them as they sighed knowing that would not happen. The men stared at the females in jealousy, but also could not deny his perfect figure. Some women sitting at a corner whispered words of compliments and expressing their attraction towards Eric. 

When he clicked on the enter key on the keyboard to finalize his report and instructions to his team, he glanced up to notice a woman at the register ordering her coffee. She had long brown hair that was tied back revealing her slender neck and her clothes were neatly tucked that showed the curvatures of her waist. He also could not help but notice that her clothes were designer made. When she completes her payment, he snaps back to reality when he receives a call from his mother. 

"Mother, you need to relax. I've already sent out a new project plan to the marketing team. This will be addressed very soon. But you need to give me more time to release it. Our team is on to something,"

After the phone call ended, he looked back for the woman. She was no where to be seen. He closed his laptop and made his way back towards the company. 

Author Notes: Hello Readers! I am happy to return back to the writer's world of exciting storytelling. I really want to set a goal to release chapters weekly every Sunday. I hope I can live up to that to not let you guys down. Thank you for reading!