|| MY FIRST LOVE ||

I have always had a knack for listening to Nasheeds, for as long as I can remember

When I dust off the spectacles of time and look back to the days of my childhood, I find myself seated before a nobleman with eyes like the night itself, enveloping you into their velvety darkness.

I vividly recall the man, My Father, his melodious voice like molten gold and chocolate wrapping around my soul.

The rich timbre and resonance of his ash'aar and gazals still never fafailo enchant me, the ebbs and flows play with my heartstrings like a puppeteer.

It was the fifth or sixth summer of my existence when people realized that I too carry the symphony of my father in my vocal chords.

It seems as if I can still see the sparks of curiosity in my eyes, when Father taught me the first Na'at - ❝ Mere Maula Mujhe Aisa Parindah Kar diya jaaye, Main Jab Chahoon Madeene ki Ziyarat ko Chali Jaaun ❞

{ May my lord make me such a bird, that whenever I wish, I may fly to Madina }

I guess it was the first time I heard of Madina, the place where the soul of my soul, my beloved, Prophet Muhammad is resting. (My love story with him arriving in the upcoming chapters)

Well, what happened next is a tale quite predictable.

At silvery nights, beneath the gem-etched skies, me and my father's voices would wove together. Our duets would not only entwine melodies but also heartbeats and memories.

That's when at such a tender age I found the love of my life in the embrace of my father, my superhero.

And then I became the professional Nasheed artist of my whole khandan. 

If I am visiting a family - "Bete zara ek naat sunana"* echoes, if I am attending a marriage, "Beta ek nazam to sunaao", if some guests have arrived and all I want is to play with their children, "Are bhay, kuchh sunao to sahi."

To sum up, I was their full-time singer.

But hey, It would serve as an enjoyable experience! Who doesn't want attention after all? That too at such a young age! 

𝗟𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗯𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝗽𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝗲.

                                                                                          ✤

​🇹​​🇷​​🇦​​🇳​​🇸​​🇱​​🇦​​🇹​​🇮​​🇴​​🇳​​🇸​⦂
*Please recite a Nazam, baby*
*Hey, what about singing a Naat for us?*
*Why don't you sing something?*