Chapter 2

Marnie's POV:

A set time is what I need to be able to work efficiently, a time that for an hour I can dedicate to working with people on their ring gear. That's what I told Dom when I was asked to work with him, it's what allows me to work well on my projects. Here I am, sitting on my own, sketching because he should have been here twenty minutes ago, so I am working on a brief base, but what am I supposed to do if he's not here to give input and opinion?  I need to take measurements, check what colours he wants to use and see if he wants any accessories.

While I'm having my internalised argument I fail to hear the door open. Then I heard his voice. "sorry I'm late I got caught up training with Mami." He had that classic grin on his face, and I so badly wanted to stay Mad but I couldn't. Instead, I just rolled my eyes. "please try to be on time next time" My voice came out more hushed than intended. He gave a simple nod that grin not wavering. 

I had lists pre-made, the same for men and women with sections for measurements sections for colour pallets, there was even a section for accessory ideas, with a blank section for any requests to say I was thorough was an understatement. "we should start with the measurements" As I stood up I grabbed my fabric measuring tape. "hold on now, don't you already have my measurements?" he furrowed his brows watching me like a hawk. I turned to him after rounding the table. "your measurements fluctuate. The more you train the more your muscle mass can build so I want new measurements for the best possible fit" I smirked at him waiting for him to stand. At that moment I internally cursed because I realised the height difference and it would make my life so much harder.

Once he was stood up I started with his arms and I measured his left bicep first, as I wrapped the tape measure around he flexed his muscles. I let go of one side of the tape measure and let out a sigh of annoyance before making note of the measurements taken so far. I repeated on the right arm, before measuring his pecs. I added it to the list and then measured his waist and hips. now was time for the embarrassing part, I had to measure below the belt. I dropped to my knees and measured my way up his legs trying to delay the inevitable. Then it was the last thing I had to measure. As I brought the tape measure around I accidentally grazed the thing staring me in the face and I could have sworn I heard a grunt. "like what you feel?" I looked up at him as he spoke my face felt like it was burning "I-I uh-uhm I...I didn't mean to I...I'm sorry" I quickly checked the measurement and got up feeling completely flustered. I tried to calm down as I wrote down the measurements. I've never felt like this around a guy before, what the hell is happening to me? 

I took a deep breath and then turned around not able to bring myself to look into his eyes. "what uh...what colours do you want to be used?" I tried to distract my mind but I couldn't stop thinking about how big he felt from that small graze. "black and purple" he sat back down but in my chair instead of the one in front of the desk. I nodded at him then we went through the rest of the process. I still felt a little flustered but like magic, my saviour also known as my brother knocked on the door

"hey, Marn?" My brother stuck his head in the room smiling at me, then he saw Dom and started eyeing him up like prey. He was protective at the thought of something going on. I nodded to my brother "Hey, everything okay?" I raised an eyebrow looking at him as I set my pen down. Roman shook his head "No Dominik get out I need to talk to Marnie" Dominik looked between the two before taking his leave. I watched Roman walk across the room and sit next to me. "what's going on Leati?" I watched as he rubbed his face. "Brian's sister, Julia called me. he's been arrested and charged with first-degree murder. She's been trying to get ahold of you they want to give her custody of Natia but she refused, saying that you are her mother and that you deserve custody and everything Brian said was lies. you are going to get Natia back" Hearing those words I broke down I didn't think I'd ever see her again. 

I sat and cried for about 30 minutes before finally calming enough "How long till she is back with me?" I looked at my brother waiting for an answer. "Julia said she could bring her tomorrow" I nodded "Okay um I need to go to the hotel then and sort everything out." I wiped my hands off and stood up. I had an apartment in Orlando as that's where most wrestlers lived so I could design things when there wasn't a big match on but I knew if I had to go on the road I could get someone in the family to look after her. I looked at Roman then gave him a huge hug "Thank you for telling me" I went to the hotel and got a change in rooms so that I'd have extra room for her then made sure I was ready before finally sitting down to take a breath... I was worried about Dom because Roman had kicked him out so I texted Rhea and told her to give Dom my number so we could figure something out for designing his costume.