Part 8

Alastor had seen many Demons in his time but the flow of power that came from the Incubus had him hesitant to step forward, curiosity getting the best of him as Devyn seemed to cast this spell of his that was beginning to pull the very souls out of Demons who drank his blood.  Lucifer cursed while holding onto his hat, Charlie cried out as she watched souls wailing in the air only to fly into Devyn's mouth, the energy and power before them blasting windows and breaking screens as the cries of the damned could be heard.  Looking down at the bodies to see that they didn't drop, standing in place like mindless slaves, eventually Velvette and Valentino were joined by Vox who arrived on the floor to look around at the many Demons who were unmoving.

"What the fuck is going on?  What is he doing?"  Once the souls were all settled within him, Devyn's form glowed with newfound power, devouring every soul that drank his blood within the building all save for the V's.  "Devyn, you fucking hack, what the hell do you think you're doing!"  Devyn let out a crazed howling laugh before his form shifted to allow his horns to grow bigger before he spoke,

"You Overlords make your deals and grow with each soul gained, I devour souls to obtain!  They called me Devil's Bane back in the day, but Bane will do just fine.  Take them!"
 At his command, the many soulless Demons turned to face the V's and surrounded them in their attempts to attack and kill their target, Vox raised his hands to summon forth wires and cords to whip about at the Demons, one moment Bane was on top of the waterfall and the next he appeared before Vox to stare at the other with a demented crazed look.

"You fucking destroyed what's mine, I'm here to return the favor!"  Raising his fist to punch the other's screen out, his hand went straight through to drop the body to the ground as Valentino brought out his Angel guns to aim at the crazed Demon before him.  He knew Vox wasn't dead, that man had several body backups to reupload himself but for the moment both he and Velvette were at the mercy of this beast,

"Fucking stay back you pathetic pieces of shit!"  Summoning forth his cloud of smoke to influence the Demons around them only to find that it wasn't affecting them, Velvette ditched the other to run for the doors only to be blocked by the many Demons slaves that Bane commanded.

Above them, Charlie looked down with worry before Lucifer sighed heavily to rub his eyes, Alastor was unsure how to feel about everything he was witnessing, this Demon spread his blood for others to drink, and just like that he devoured the many souls to empower himself far stronger than any Overlord he came across.  Not to mention the mindless slaves,

"Dad, what do we do?  How is this even possible?"

"Devyn... met a Demon like Illusion and gained this new power to devour souls empowering himself, it was around 1860 I believe when last he did this.  Your Mother and I felt a vast amount of souls disappear like nothing and it wasn't during a purge, investigating for ourselves we came across this Demon called Bane and we managed to subdue him."

"Why didn't you kill him?"  Alastor stepped forward wondering if they would have to do so now but Lucifer shook his head, he remembered Devyn from when he stayed with them when first arriving in Hell and saw the kind soul as a kindred.

"I was able to beat him down long enough for him to use up most of his souls but in the end it was my light that brought him back, I was able to pull the conscious mind of Bane and Devyn to the front and realizing his mistake they both made the promise not to consume another soul again."  Alastor thought about the few conversations they did have and when Devyn explained how he didn't do full feedings, perhaps it was because if he did then he'd devour the souls of his prey hence why he kept himself starved to avoid this darkness from ever rising again.