Chapter 2

Yesenia Nayeli Gómez Luna

Song: Guapa by Becky G

"Qué carajo paso?! Yessi got bitten by a spider. How did that happen?" Mamá's voice boomed through the room, making the doctor give a nervous expression while Rita tried to calm her down.

This is not how I imagined my Sunday.

 We were at LA Downtown Medical Center, the hospital where Mamá and Rita work. We got here after my Papá, Manuel came with the truck and took us quickly to the Medical Center. On the way, Annie and Emma couldn't stop crying, Jay and Giselle were freaking out, and Kai tried his best to calm everyone down, especially Emma while he looked so pale. As for Donnie, well, he never left my side until I got to the exam room with Doctor Joshua Chen, a doctor who works in LADMC and who fears my mother's temper.

My Ma is someone that no one dares to anger her. I remember there was this thug to stole her purse at the parking, and she beat him with La Chancla in the most unbelievable way that the security and other workers went to save the poor thug. 

Despite it being self-defense, hell, the damage she did was brutal. 

But then again, she used to be a military nurse when she went to the service academy. 

"Sara, calm down. Thankfully, Jay and others were there to help her." Rita Gonzales soothed her. Mamá turned to me with a worried expression, and she went to me. "Yessi. Are you sure that you're feeling alright?" She softly asked while her dark brown eyes were on me. Despite she's in her late thirties, her beauty doesn't hide away.

A beautiful woman of Mexican descent.

Her long, flowing dark brown hair was the color of chocolate pinned up into a messy bun, as were her beautiful dark brown eyes, and her olive skin tone. I inherited from her heart-shaped face, her smile, her tough yet sassy attitude, and overall, her impeccable beauty.

Papá was a lucky man. 

"Am, Ma. Don't worry, it just stings so bad. Besides, I am not dizzy, I don't have nausea, my vision isn't blurry, and most of all, I am fine. I didn't throw up." I guaranteed her with a smile. Mamá sighed before Rita placed her hand on her shoulder.

"Come on, Sara. Let Doctor Chen do his examination on Yessi. After all, you're scaring him," Rita says to Mamá. Rita Gonzales, a fellow nurse and close friend to Mamá since childhood.

Being of both Puerto Rican and Costa Rican descent, Rita inherited all the best qualities of Latin America. Rita has brown hair that is the same color as coffee and warm brown eyes which Jayden inherited. She has tanned skin, and curly hair that cuts to the back of her shoulders. It was usually tied into a ponytail. Since she inherited the good qualities, she is very attractive.