Chapter 13 - Dessert

---MATURE CONTENT AHEAD---

Ashton's POV

I had sobered up enough to know how completely fucking stupid I had been. What the fuck was I thinking, oh wait I wasn't thinking. She asked Jax to take her home and my blood boiled at the thought of what they could be doing or talking about. When I couldn't fathom my imagination running wild any longer, I picked up my phone and called him. I acted nonchalant on the call just asking him when he was coming but internally, I was the furthest thing from relaxed. I can't imagine how she must have felt when I told her what I did, would she ever trust me again? I teared up at the thought of losing her forever. I hear Jax open the door to our house and throw the keys on the kitchen counter. The jealousy I felt two minutes ago comes rushing back. I walk over to him. 

"Is she okay? What was she saying? What were you guys doing?" I ask him frantically. 

"No Ash, she's not okay she's hurt. She's not going to do anything stupid though, I think she realizes or knows that doing something dumb out of pain would not benefit her in any way," he says and I catch the shady remark he just threw at me. 

"I need to go to sleep and figure out how to fix this." That's the last thing I say before entering my room with the weight of my regrets hanging over my shoulder. 

- - - 

Evelyn's POV

I woke up with so much anxiety and such a bad hangover I ran over to my bathroom throwing up in the toilet, I flushed and brushed my teeth. I poured some cold water over my face and the back of my neck. I get a text message and I ignore it for a while as I stare at my ceiling. 

*Can we please talk*-Ashton. I close my eyes and make the decision that I will not be crying today. I hear a knock on my door as I tell whoever's knocking to come in. 

"You alright? When I got home, I heard you crying," My brother asked with a look of concern in his eyes, immediately I felt guilty because it reminded me of the look in his eyes that he used to have in the past. Ayden had sat down on the couch in my room. I sit up and look out of my window at the ocean and back at him. 

"Last night was a lot, Ashton's brother died almost a year ago. With his passing being so fresh and everything, well. Ashton's not taking it well, he did something dumb last night. I just feel betrayed, I wish he would've talked to me about it instead of acting on his impulses." I explain gently. Ayden's looking at the floor now and he sighs before getting up and sitting on my bed next to me. 

"When I thought, I was going to lose you, that you weren't going to open your eyes again, the night that Jax found you. I- everything went through my head Evelyn; I was already thinking of ten different things I was going to do that would've fucked up my life as well as hurt others around me. I didn't lose you that night thank God and thanks to Jax, but Ashton did end up losing his brother. Whatever he did, he needs to learn to come to you or talk about his feelings first. But try talking to him if you love him before walking away, trust me." He says giving me a pat on the back.

"Want to get breakfast together with Sadie? I'm sure you're as hungover as she is right now." He smiles and I laugh because he's probably right. I nod my head and tell him I'll be downstairs in a second. 

- - - 

A couple of days passed and after having an internal debate with myself on whether I should call Ashton or not I caved in and finally asked him to come and meet me at my dock. I was standing there now looking at the sunset, wishing I could fly away from the problems of this world. I hear footsteps behind me and my heart drops. I give Ashton a rather formal greeting and he looks hurt by it and honestly, all I want to do is hug him and kiss his soft lips and forget what happened.