Chapter XXV

Not entirely sure how I feel about this chapter, almost a little too fluffy, hm 🤔 Might have to fix that soon. I wrote this at like 3am, forgive me for the errors ╮(╯∀╰)╭

Anyways enjoy! ╰(▔∀▔)╯

I may rewrite this later (◕‿◕)♡

"What are you both so grumpy about?" Shen Yuan huffed; weedling through the thick foliage, hoping not to scratch up his robes. As a freshly evoked head disciple, he was duty-bound to go from each peak to the next and formally introduce himself individually to each head disciple and peak lord as a show of kinship between peaks and martial siblings.

He'd gone to Chuang Zao, Xinling Ji, Zui Xian, Ku Xing, and Qian Cao Peak already as they were the closest to Ling Shou and he'd only just made it through Bai Zhan. Such introduction was rather pointless, but it had given him the chance to formally meet the Bai Zhan Peak Lord; Wu Liegang, a man that Shen Yuan personally couldn't tell if he liked or not. He was stupidly tall and very loud, while he had greeted Shen Yuan like an old friend and damn near cracked his ribs from the bear hug he received, it was a tad bit overwhelming.

The visit was brief, purely a greeting to the peak lord and a quick greeting to Liu Qingge before he took his leave. Only now, he was being tailed by two equally grumpy Bai Zhan disciples who wouldn't even tell him why!

Luo Binghe followed close behind him, Liu Qingge somehow having gotten in front of him, but neither was actually speaking! But he could hear their pouting! What was this? Following him and sticking to his side but not actually speaking? Like a pouting child trying to guilt trip their mother to buy candy at the market!

He was a little thankful he hadn't brought Xiao Yingzi now, his steed would've not appreciated the Bai Zhan disciples' presence and likely would have caused a scene. Then he'd have three drama kings to worry about!

When no one answered him, Shen Yuan scoffed and asked again. "What's with both of you, huh? You can't just follow after me and not actually tell me why you're pouting!"

"Who said we're pouting?" Liu Qingge scoffed, earning a pinch on his neck from Shen Yuan. The older head disciple grunted and turned his head to look at Shen Yuan, who stuck his tongue out at him. "We're just walking in the same direction."

You're bad liars! Shen Yuan thought bitterly, though even when he turned his head to Luo Binghe, hoping at least he'd been willing to give some explanation, the youth merely hummed sharply and said nothing! Oh, screw this.

Once they made it past the thicket of foliage on the path, crossing onto the rainbow bridge, Shen Yuan made a quick sprint forward past Liu Qingge before whistling sharply. Hui Qu flew from the gradient sheath and hovered before him, allowing him to jump on before speeding off. Shen Yuan made sure to keep a tight grip on the hilt as he flew, he technically wasn't supposed to fly on his own yet, but he'd gotten better! He just preferred to sit rather than to stand.

However, that didn't last long before another hand grabbed the hilt over his and pulled him in closer until his feet brushed against a pair of thick and muscled thighs. "What are you doing?!" Luo Binghe screeched, reaching out further to grab Shen Yuan's hand and pull him onto Zheng Yang with him. "You're not supposed to fly alone yet!"

Shen Yuan couldn't help but laugh at the tone. It was rather funny to hear Luo Binghe fuss and worry over things, back then, the disciple he'd taken never worried much in front of him. His disciple had always tried to keep a strong tone and an even stronger exterior. Never letting himself break or worry, hardly ever raising his voice, and practically playing soldier in front of him.