FRAGILE PEACE

As the night crept in and Sunoo prepared to surrender to sleep, Heeseung made a move to leave the room, his footsteps tentative, his heart heavy with guilt. But before he could make his escape, Sunoo's voice, silent yet powerful, stopped him in his tracks.

"Can you please stay?" Sunoo's hands moved with fluid grace, the words flowing effortlessly from his fingertips. "I feel safer whenever you're here."

Heeseung's breath caught in his throat, his heart swelling with emotion at Sunoo's request. Without a word, he nodded, pulling the chair closer to the bed and settling himself down upon it. Gently, he helped Sunoo tuck into bed, the covers drawn snugly around his form.

As Sunoo reached out for his hand, Heeseung felt a surge of warmth flood his veins. He clasped Sunoo's hand in his own, their fingers intertwining in a silent pledge of companionship. And as Sunoo's eyelids fluttered closed, his breathing soft and steady, Heeseung watched over him with a mixture of awe and reverence.

"You feel safe with me?" Heeseung's voice was barely a whisper, the words spoken more to himself than to Sunoo. "I almost hurt you... how can you feel safe with me?"

But as he watched the peaceful expression on Sunoo's sleeping face, a sense of peace washed over Heeseung. In that moment, he realized that perhaps safety was not found in the absence of danger, but in the presence of someone who would stand by your side, no matter what.

And as Heeseung settled into his vigil by Sunoo's side, he vowed to be that someone, the guardian of Sunoo's dreams, the keeper of his heart. For in Sunoo's trust, he had found a beacon of hope, a glimmer of light in the darkness that threatened to consume them both.