Chapter 2: What's Ahead of Us, Your Highness?

As you were writing in your notebook during class lectures, you looked over at Sonia and saw her doing the same as well.

"As expected of the Ultimate Princess," you thought. "She takes her studies seriously. It's important when you are the heir to a kingdom."

After an hour, the lecture ended and everyone left the classroom. You put your notebooks in your bag as Sonia approached you.

Sonia: "That class seemed very important for what's to come ahead of us."

"The teacher said that many of those topics would be on the test."

Sonia gave a nervous chuckle.

Sonia: "I had a feeling they were the ones that said that. I kinda thought it was a feeling I had."

"Well, I do think everyone should know that our tests will involve all the topics that were discussed. So you weren't far off."

Sonia: "Well, class and tests aside, why don't we go for a walk together?"

"Is that what friends do? Serious question."

Sonia: "Of course. Me and the others did it often, so why not join us by taking the first step?"

"Very well."

While on your walk, somewhere in the school, you noticed Kazuichi Souda and Gundham Tanaka spying on you, but you kept your cover and didn't respond. You pretended to adjust your glasses as you activated a special microphone hidden in them to pick up their conversation.

Kazuichi: "I'm not trying to be overprotective of Sonia. I'm just saying that this guy seems to be too ideal for her."

Gundham: "He does know her reputation, was transferred to her class, and seems to know that she is interested in understanding the dark forces."

Kazuichi: "He seems like someone described in that transmission my radio picked up. I know it was an accident and it might be some other princess entirely, but we should make sure this is the case."

Gundham: "Do you have any idea how we can gather intelligence on this man?"

Kazuichi: "Next time she invites him, I'll have something for this."

You turned off the microphone.

"You both aren't wrong to think that," you thought. "And that transmission they came across, could Trinity be sending an agent as well? I better ask the Alliance to allow them to find out. Otherwise, they'll be less likely to resist Trinity's manipulations. Maybe I should see if their attempts to find out who I am would be enough to impress the higher-ups."

Sonia: "Y/N, are you alright?"

"Of course. I was just thinking of something."

Sonia: "May I ask what you were thinking?"

"That you have a lot of friends who look after you."

Sonia: "We all look after each other, just as friends should."

"I look forward to spending time with all of you."

Sonia smiled, and you and her decided to sit down and discuss your favorite books.