Chapter 3: The Hidden Test

In the library, you are reading a book with Sonia.

Sonia: "This book has potential, but I feel that it wasn't brought out as much as the author wanted it."

"Yeah. I feel like there was more thought he could have put into this instead of just trying to get it over with. If did this for fun, he could've known that he didn't need to rush through this."

Sonia: "Although, the part where the demon granted the boy and his sister foresight was rather well written."

"That's what I thought as well."

Unbeknownst to either of you, Kazuichi and Gundham were spying on you from a distance.

Gundham: "You sure he's going to drop his pen?"

Kazuichi: "Yeah, I'm sure he's going to make a minor mistake. I just need to record it rolling, then I can make a duplicate."

From where you were, you heard them from afar, and you moved your arm slightly to knock your pen off the table.

"Oops, that's my favorite pen."

As expected, Kazuichi managed to record it rolling.

Kazuichi: "Got it! Let's go."

After the two leave, you went back to Sonia.

Sonia: "I know of a good café my friends took me to. Want to go there?"

"I'd love to try it out."

You and Sonia headed to the café and ordered some cake.

"Your friends are pretty nice."

Sonia: "They are indeed. I had some of the most wonderful times with them."

"I bet. They seem like the type of people who never make things dull."

Sonia: "Well, that's what makes them fun."