Chapter 4: No Longer the Same

You are in a room with Sonia, Kazuichi, and Gundham.

Kazuichi: "I can't believe a spy has been going to our school and hanging out with us."

Gundham: "Fate is a very odd thing."

Sonia, meanwhile, is still looking amazed at what's happening.

"Should I get her a doctor? She's been smiling for hours."

Kazuichi: "She's alright. She's the same as us, but at least she isn't grabbing everything in her sight."

You looked at a monitor showing camera feeds in other rooms. They showed the others either looking at the gear or trying out the training room.

Sonia: "Is every mission you've been on like the ones you see in spy movies?"

"Yes, but the danger and peril are very real and more lethal than what they show. There's this group called Trinity that, like the villains in said spy movies, is trying to gain absolute control over everything."

Gundham looked at a computer screen and saw Alliance's logo.

Gundham: "I have always suspected such organizations existed, but not exactly like this, and I must say that I'm rather concerned about Mikan and Hiyoko in a room full of dangerous weapons. The latter nearly sliced me and Kazuichi with shurikens concealed in a hand fan.

Hiyoko: "I said my bad!"

Gundham gave a reverse peace sign as Kazuichi rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Kazuichi: "Don't forget Ibuki firing a laser that was hidden inside the end of a guitar. Good thing she hit the watermelon instead of Fuyuhiko's head. That wouldn't have been pretty."

Sonia: "So Trinity is targeting me. This is so amazing. And also bad in several ways, but what are the odds of getting to experience this? Your commanders seemed rather reasonable."

"Yeah, they can be that way most times. Other times is on a need-to-know basis. So, are you guys sure you want to help with this? It'll probably be more dangerous than any other thing you've done."

Sonia: "Of course. If something like this is true, there's no way I could ignore the chance to experience it."

Kazuichi and Gundham agreed, and you got a feeling that the others will be in the same boat.

"Okay. From here on, nothing's ever going to be the same for any of you."