Liars

Chapter 4~~~~~~

Chapter 4
~~~~~~

You looked at Megumi but thought about Sukuna.

~what's wrong with me... him of all people. I should be thinking about the man infront of me not-~

"You sure you're okay?" He sat up in bed and reached over checking your temperature with his hand against my forehead.

"I'm sure." Your temperature was normal so he just sat there thinking.

"What.."

".... You were talking in your sleep."

"Wh-...in my sleep?" The worst rushed through your head.

"Yeah... something about Sukuna.. I thought I would have to fight off Hachidori again.. but you must have done it yourself." He gave you a light smile glad that you were getting stronger against her.

"Oh... yeah. It was a dream about the both of them.. I don't want to talk about it though." He nodded agreeing and pulled you closer to him, laid a kiss on your lips gently before pulling you back to the pillows.

"Maybe if you sleep like this. You'll dream better." He gave you a smile keeping you chest to chest with him. His arms were wrapped around you in an almost protective way. "You're not his to take. You never were. From this moment you're mine. So those dreams are just that. Dreams. Okay?" Megumi kissed your nose gently to make you smile, and it worked.

You put your head against his chest while he pulled the covers over the both of you. As you got comfortable, his chin rests gently on the top of your head.

"Okay."

—————
The next day, the two of you showed up to the mission site Gojo sent to your phone. Yuji was there along with Gojo who as usual had a smile on his face.

Gojo walked over greeting you with the smile and Megumi with a questioning glare that was readable even through his blindfold. Megumi rolled his eyes over the whole 'protective' shit he still did.

"It was just... a sleepover." You tried to calm him down since nothing happened last night.

"...yeah...." He didn't buy it at all.

Gojo put his arm on Megumi's shoulder, leaning on him. "The sooner you two start. The sooner we can go and get some food and celebrate with sweets."

Megumi moved his arm off of him and mumbled something as they left, walking towards his car since they couldn't stay. "You two will do great. I can feel it!" The both of you smiled watching Gojo wave and lean on the car.

Thanking him before the vail started to lower all around you and the building, you couldn't help but overthink.

"We got this.. right?" You spoke to Yuji as the both of you stood watching them as Megumi made Gojo stop leaning all over his car.