One

Author's note: Before we kick off... as this story involves multiple characters, I thought it would be helpful to list out the main protagonists and their backgrounds. 

Kim Sejeong - Youngest daughter of the Kim family conglomerates. Her parents, Kim Sunho and Seo Hyungsoon run South Korea's largest chain of grocery stores. Sejeong is the youngest of two, with one older brother named Kim Youngmin.

Ahn Hyoseop - Only son of the Ahn family conglomerates. His parents, Ahn Heejun and Park Sujin run South Korea's largest pre-packaged foods company. Is nearly a year older than Sejeong.

SUPPORTING CHARACTERS:

Seol Inah - Kim Sejeong's best friend, the two met through high school. Her father is Seol Hunsoo, one of South Korea's most powerful lawyers.

Kim Seokwoo (Rowoon) - Ahn Hyoseop's best friend, the two used to be next-door neighbours until Hyoseop moved to Canada. Met Sejeong and Inah through college, and is desperately in love with Inah. 

Without further ado, jump into this new universe with me... 

-- 

"Sejeong-ah, wake up... yah, Kim Sejeong!"

Sejeong woke up in shock, realising sunlight was streaming through the bedroom window, "Oh no, what time is it? Are we late?"

"We're not but if you don't get dressed right now we will be."

With that, she bolted out of bed, grabbed the first set of clothes in her closet, and rushed to get ready. It was a bad idea for them to party before the start of their final year of college, but Inah insisted that they learned to have a little bit of fun before the proper start of their adult lives.

"Where is my-"

"On the desk," Inah replied as she pointed at her phone.

"What would I do without you,"

Her best friend laughed in response, "You wouldn't be able to do anything without me. Now come on, before we miss the bus. Last year of college, here we come!"

Sejeong and Inah both rushed out the door and down the stairs, Sejeong laughing, recalling what Inah said on their first day of college, 

...

"I cannot believe you made me do that," 

Sejeong rolled her eyes, "We've been through this already, we've been sheltered our whole lives, barely knowing anything that happens outside of our society circle, or whatever they call it. I feel like if we're going to make a difference one day, we need to at least be down to earth, and to experience what a true day-to-day life is really like."

Inah pouted, "I still can't believe you convinced me to tell my parents to cut me off,"

"Just because I did it, doesn't mean you had to."

"Yeah, but we're a team, remember? And I see the point in your argument, we're in this together for life, baby!"

Sejeong laughed, "Alright then. Next on the list is to find a part-time job so we can afford to go out for a nice meal, now and then."

Inah groaned, "I take it back. Still can't believe you convinced me to do this."

... 

They arrived at their lecture hall just in time, other students were starting to make their way in. Sitting in the front row as they always do, they quickly laid out their laptops and notebooks. There was a murmur going around the hall, it seemed like everyone was excited about something.