Two

"I'm home," Hyoseop called out as he stepped inside the house, taking his shoes off.

"In here!"

Hyoseop stopped in his tracks when he got a full view of the kitchen. It was an absolute mess, baking trays everywhere, flour splattered all over the floor and his mother covered head to toe in what he assumed was batter. What made it even funnier was the two product developers standing helplessly next to her, having resigned to their fate.

He chuckled as he tiptoed through the mess trying to not get his socks dirty, "What are we tasting today?"

"You have to try this," his mother squealed excitedly as she shoved a plate of heart-shaped cookies in front of him, "this will be a special edition of our butter cookies, to be released for Valentine's Day! Imagine this but with pink icing."

"And how are they different from the usual ones we sell?"

"They contain extra butter, a dash of seasoning salt, and, we added a secret ingredient! Cinnamon."

Hyoseop quickly tossed one in his mouth and moaned in pleasure, "Mom, these are amazing."

"I told you it would work!" she said to the developers, "Okay, I think this batch is the one. Why don't you both take a break for tonight and we'll reconvene in the morning? Thank you for today!"

The two of them took off their aprons and walked out, still covered in batter, which made Hyoseop ask, "You know Dad has an entire lab at the office right, where you can work with more ingredients than you could ever wish for?"

"Yuck, the office," she gagged dramatically as she poured herself a glass of water, "I'd very much prefer developing my line of products at home, thank you very much. It's where I get inspired most."

"I know, so you've said," he smiled as he ate another cookie.

"How was your first day?" she asked, "I've said it before but I know how hard it must've been, having to re-adjust from Canada. Thank you again for agreeing to come back."

He shook his head, "Family comes first, right? It wasn't that bad, I'm glad Rowoon was there to help out."

"I couldn't believe how big he's gotten since we last saw him! You boys grow so fast."

He laughs, "We are growing men, Mom."

"I know, I know," she replied, "anything else happened?"

"Well, I met someone we know."

"Oh? Who?"

He hesitated for a few beats before continuing, "You remember Kim Sejeong?"

His mother stopped what she was doing and turned around to give him her full attention, "Kim Sejeong? Sejeong as in Sunho and Hyungsoon's daughter?" When he nodded, her expression changed to a reminiscent one, "Wow, I haven't heard those names in so long."

"Yeah, she's taking the same major as I am."

"Wouldn't be surprised, given her father's company and all. How is she?"

He shrugged, "We didn't talk much, but it seems like she's close with Rowoon. There's this other girl they hang out with, I think he likes her."

"Well that's cute," she paused to smile, then continued, "You didn't talk to her at all?"

"I mean, we said hi to each other,"

"And?"

"And nothing, it was awkward so I told Rowoon I'd see him at lunch and walked off," Hyoseop yelped when he received a smack on the head, "Ow! What was that for?"