Nineteen

Author's note: Another soundtrack for this chapter ✨ This song made me think of Hyojeong instantly when I listened to it... so it felt fitting to use it in a scene 🥰

https://youtu.be/ORPRbkZzkVk?si=1SuYD1C3w1k7pjnc

--

"So much for cooking a nice dinner, huh?"

"You're telling me those fries aren't the best thing you ever tasted?"

Sejeong pouted, "They do taste amazing, but I had all the ingredients ready!"

"I don't know about you but I have no regrets," he smiled, "what we did in place of dinner was much more, delicious,"

She threw a fry at him, "Yah!"

Earlier, the two had fallen asleep in post-coital bliss. By the time they woke up, it was past midnight. Realising they were starving, they opted to order from the only place that was open at this hour, which had to be fast food. It was so simple, yet Hyoseop had never felt happier in his life. The sight of Sejeong in front of him, eating her burger, dressed in nothing but his t-shirt and underwear, was the most stunning thing he had ever seen.

"I love you," he said to her.

Sejeong stopped eating and stared at him, "Suddenly?"

He shrugged, "Just wanted to remind you,"

Shaking her head, she let out a giggle, "I know, and I promise I won't let those ingredients go to waste. I'll cook for breakfast tomorrow!"

"Whatever makes you happy, jagiya,"

Popping another fry into her mouth, Sejeong thought about all that had happened over the past few hours. She was going to take the biggest leap of faith in her life, knowing that this time it was all in with him. Her being her, she started making a mental list of all the steps she'd have to take from here, including what she would say to her own family.

Hyoseop could tell she was deep in thought, "Everything okay?"

"I'm just thinking of what's next,"

"Well," he said as he put his food down, "why don't we tackle it one thing at a time, where do you want to start?"

"I think that's obvious,"

"You want to tell your parents,"

"Yes," she laughed nervously, "You should probably know, I told them what happened between us back then,"

"So you're saying I should wear a bulletproof vest when I see them?"

Sejeong nearly spat her drink out, "Oppa!"

Hyoseop chuckled, "I'm kidding. Do you want me there when I tell them?"

She considered it, "I think I need to start this conversation, I owe it to them. But I want you there, to tell your side of the story,"

"About us?"

"About what happened between your father, and mine,"

"Ah," he paused, "on that note, I probably need to speak to my father as well, but best you not be there,"

She smiled sadly, "I understand, what are you going to say?"

He hadn't thought about it, but he had to brace himself for a storm, "Whatever I say, I know he's not going to like it anyway. I'll figure it out over the next couple of days,"

"Are you sure you don't want me there?"

"I'm sure," he reassured her, "just know that no matter what happens, nothing's changed. I'll always come back to you, Sejeong-ah."