Right place Wrong Time

Have you ever just ,lived your life and known there was something particularly different about yours? Y/n certainly felt that way.

Y/n has been living in New York most of his life,  the only family he had to speak of was his grandfather as he got the short end of the stick in the parent department as they were both deadbeats, his grandfather didn't have much but he made sure he was clothes , fed and instilled good values in him like any good caregiver should, but there was one thing that set him apart from the rest, he was also his martial arts teacher.

Y/n has been training in the art of fighting for as long as he can remember, absorbing everything his gramps told him like he was a wise old man in a kung fu movie it was more than just a hobby, it was a lifestyle to y/n, he had mastered a variety of styles of fighting and make-shift weapons.

  It was because of this  he loved consuming fighting media not just for the sake of entertainment but to learn as well, if you were to quiz him on fighting facts  from  who was Muhammad Ali's favorite boxers to the latest fighters Who got popped for PEDs in the ufc, he could tell you.

Y/n was an average student in high school but where he excelled was in more physical activities, y/n had a knack for breaking records, whether it be running track, doing pushups or pull ups etc, the coaches at his school thought he could be a gifted athlete, but he went against it.

Y/n knew that he was better, as arrogant as that sounded, he knew of other students in a similar position that worked just as hard as him, he felt it was unfair to take an opportunity away from them because he seemed to have a step up in skill and talent.

Y/n wasn't normal, hehe it took tearing a couple punching bags and lifting an oven to find a toy to figure that out, Teenagers his stature don't just do that and last he checked he didn't have a freak accident so he must have been born this way.

Gramps didn't really speak on it, and y/n didn't care to ask, y/n assumed this would lead back to his parents and y/n couldn't honestly care less, they clearly didn't.

So it didn't matter, if he wasn't rich, didn't have the fanciest clothes or even close friends to speak of, he was happy.

Unfortunately life has a way of showing you the ugly side of things, around the time Y/n was 18, his grandfather had fell ill, it was easy to manage with medicine but it got to the point where he had to be admitted into a hospital, he wish he could say he was getting better,  but as the days went by he wasn't to sure anymore .

"Ring..Ring.."

"Central Bronx Hospital." A bright feminine voice answered.

"Yes this is Y/N Yūhi, i called earlier  but i didn't get a straight answer, How's my grandfather doing? Does he need anything? " Y/n asked over the phone.

"Oh Y/n!" The nurse responded as y/n went to the hospital and called them very frequently "what why wouldn't they answer you? never mind  il go check myself please hold for a moment." The Nurse said before putting y/n on hold for a moment.

Y/n waited for about a minute and soon the call came back on.

"Mr. Yūhi you have a call, it's your grandson again, hes asking if you need any-

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" His grandfather Wasuke Yūhi yelled over the phone. "TELL HIM NOT TO COME HERE, TELL HIM TO  STICK TO HIS TRAINING, STICK TO HIS DAMN TRANING!!!"

Y/n couldn't help but rub the bridge the nose in irritation, a difficult old man his grandfather has been since he had to stay in the hospital.

"I uh..guess you already heard that." The nurse said sheepishly.