17. Fear

Look we're back, yayy. To understand this chapter better, read Ch-16 FRIENDS again.
Happy reading!!

------------------------------------

"He says he's too scared to fall for someone once again, but oh lord, only if he knew that it's too late anyway."

[TW: Sensitive content ahead]

No, no, no. This can't be happening right now.

FUCK!

My knuckles turned white as I raced the car through the road. I could faintly hear the sound of a whimper from Mansi, but my mind was too messed up to comprehend it.

The flash of jet-black hair, the face I once yearned to worship keeping me from comforting her. A sweat rolled down my neck as I pushed back my hair falling on my forehead.

It felt as if a dark cloud was surrounding me, caging me in its madness. The car suddenly feeling too small for me to breathe.

Before I knew it, my hands were steering the car towards the hotel. The others were still nowhere to be seen. Maybe they're coming behind us.

I slammed the door shut before moving towards Mansi's side. I held it open making sure my face didn't flicker the storm brewing inside me. Her soft hands gripped mine in a cautious grip as she got out with her head cast down.

My hands moved with their own intent as my fingers curled around her chin, with a softness that I didn't even know I was capable of, lightly tugging her face upwards.

My heart lurched seeing her teary eyes, her button nose painted with faint redness. But only lord knows how much of a divine goddess she looked right now. And to know that she belonged to me, the holy fire being the testimony to that night when she accepted my last name.

Stop messing up with her, Avyansh. She's too pure for this. My subconscious butted in but I couldn't care less.

My breath hitched as I felt my dead heartbeat, the heart that hadn't beaten since that night.

I lifted my hand to wipe those pearls leaking from her eyes, but just as my fingers brushed her cheek in a feather-light touch, a torrential downpour of memories hit me.

A similar pair of soft hands caressing my body as I floated in and out of consciousness. I jerked back, the smell of alcohol suddenly drifting in the calm morning. My breath came in ragged, uneven gasps, each inhale a struggle against the weight of that night. 

I forced myself to take back control as I grabbed her hands with an almost desperate strength. Without a word, I started pulling her towards me, my movements swift and purposeful as I urged her to follow me into the hotel.