Karte 4: Blazing Day

1

1

"Get some depth perception, Yamada! Are you trying to bruise up your face with that?" 

Yamada was fanning herself with a piece of paper.

"You do it for me, then."

"Yeah, that's not happening."

"All right, guess I'll have to, then." Moeko began fanning Yamada who was resting her face on her desk.

"You're the best, Moeko." Yamada smiled in satisfaction.

"But that'll leave me hot too, so...Let's try this out!"

The Yamada group formed a circle and started fanning each other.

"Now this is bliss." Yamada said in relief.

"Yamada, you're hitting me with that paper. Your sense of distance is messed up!" Chi barked.

"Chi. You're so slow!"

"What!?"

"I'm sweating to death here. Someone trade shirts with me. I can't take it anymore!"

As Yamada was emphasizing her wet shirt, my classmates behind me started to say their usual stuff. Thankfully for them, Horikita was way too distracted herself by the heat to pay them any mind.

"Oh! I know." Yamada turned around toward me. "Ayanokouji-kun, can you fan me for a bit?"

"You're turning him into your servant again?" Kobayashi protested. 

"Servant?" Sekine tilted her head.

"What do you mean Bayashiko?" Yoshida asked.

"N-No nothing, just ignore Chi's antics." 

"Hm?" The other two tilted their heads.

"I'll pass."  I said as I returned to my book.

Yamada turned her head and pouted.

"Don't go around ordering people Yamada, I'll fan you harder just this time." Chi said, trying to compose Yamada.

Once I was finally getting to the good part of my book, Horikita interrupted me. 

"I'm surprised Ayanokouji-kun. You don't seem to be affected by this heat at all. You're even wearing your coat even though it's summer." 

"If you can maintain a cool mind you can keep the heat away. Just dont think about how hot today is. Simple" I said, keeping my gaze on my book.

She raised an eyebrow. "That can't be true." 

"It's up to you to believe me"

"Can you at least take off your coat? Just seeing you with winter clothes in this temperature makes me sweat even more." She frowned as she kept fanning herself.