Chapter 2

"Alright. This will be your room, it's connected to the princess' by a bathroom. The bathroom has a large tub fit for two, one toilet and two sinks." The queen motioned for Karlach to step inside the large room, and Karlach obeyed. "All of your gifts will be delivered after they've been checked."

"Thank you." Karlach rubbed her upper arms, giving herself a hug. "Do we get dinner?"

"Dinner will be brought to your room. Perhaps... take a moment to get used to your room. Unpack? Maybe bathe." The queen suggested.

Karlach nodded and watched the door close behind the queen. Her eyes scanned around the room. A king size bed in the direct center of the room adorned with an elegant quilt and pillows all colored purple. A fireplace across from it and a couch at the end of the bed. There was a desk and wardrobe in the far corner, but beside that the room was bare. One window, no decorations on the walls, not even a rug. Although Karlach was sure she would eventually be able to decorate it- right now it was depressing.

Karlach ran her nails across the quilt before pushing down on it. To her surprise it was soft, not too soft, just the right amount of soft. Inside of the wardrobe were two simple outfits. A night gown that was white and some sort of red gown embroidered with gold. They were soft, and smelt faintly of vanilla. As Karlach opened the door to the bathroom she felt the heat explode on her face.

"I- I'm so sorry." Karlach stammered as she looked away. (Y/n) was naked and putting up her hair so she could bathe. She looked Karlach up and down before tilting her head.

"You are fine- we'll have to see each other eventually anyways." (Y/n) let her hands fall to her side before looking at herself in the mirror. Surely she wasn't that ugly.

"I- didn't know you were in here- are you bathing?"

"Yes, but if you need it first you can use it." (Y/n) offered.

"No." Karlach cleared her throat and looked back to (y/n). (Y/n) was beautiful. Karlach would happily lay with someone that looked like (y/n) under different circumstances. Her skin had bruises and scars scattered across, but despite that looked soft. Karlach had a fleeting thought of what (y/n)'s noises would sound like if she explored her with her mouth. "I'll be okay. I can wait."

"No, I insist." (Y/n) motioned towards the tub, "I just wanted to relax, I don't actually need it."

Karlach searched (y/n)'s face, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, just let me know when you are done." (Y/n) exited the room and closed the door behind herself. Karlach watched the water in the tub before undressing. The water was warm and smelt like lavender: It really was relaxing. When Karlach went to wash herself a wave of confusion hit herself. Where in hells was the soap? There wasn't any in sight. But as if they could read her mind a woman stepped out of the shadows holding a bar of soap.

"Ready to wash, m'lady?" A voice rang inside Karlach's head. Karlach nearly jumped out of her skin.

"Where did you come from?" Karlach exclaimed.

"My apologizes. I didn't mean to scare you." She apologized bowing.

"No- you're fine- I just didn't expect you." Karlach repositioned in the tub, trying her best to hide her chest under the water. "Are you here to give me soap?"

"No, ma'am." A laugh echoed through Karlach's head, "I am here to bathe you."

Karlach raised her eyebrows, "oh no! I don't need that."

"It's my job, my only job m'lady. I wash everyone in the castle, washing you is of no inconvenience." The woman crossed the room towards the sinks, and to Karlach appeared to float rather than walk. "Do you have a preference on how you do your hair?"