Why am I here

That thing, whatever it was. It looked like me, but disfigured, horrid, unnatural, something that needed to be put down. Whatever it was, I'm glad it's dead. I had sensed a large spike of energy near the Apex base I had recently attacked, I knew something was wrong. But I didn't think I'd see a grotesque version of me. I know it was responsible for covering the surface water in dead aquatic life. An environmental hazard that needed to be destroyed. But it's smile, it's unnerving grin. That emotionless stare, its hollow beady eyes. Not to mention how it kept regenerating, no matter how much I ripped it apart. It kept regrowing, refusing to die. At least it's gone now. That's all that matters. Goji sighed to herself, relaxed, and calmed down. She swam swiftly back to Monster Island, where she could rest with her daughter.

At the bottom of the sea, a submarine was seen. It was looking for something, the thing in particular, happened to be the rotting body of what was once a man. Inside the sub, people were watching through the glass window, admiring the remains of a fallen titan. A woman with dark silky hair and luxurious black clothing walked over to the window. "堕ちた怪獣の死体" She turned to the man beside her. "遺体を取り出すと便利です"

The man nodded, heeding her words as he waved his hand, a notion that signaled for chains of command to send several other subs that followed behind to approach the body with a large net that was tied to all the subs. They wrapped the net over the body and rose back to the surface. Humans grabbed the beast, the symbol on their clothes. Monarch. The body was transported to a location down the Pacific. On a small island, where no one could hear their screams.

I woke up, tired and confused. I looked around, I was not in the ocean where I fell asleep. No, I was on land, in a large building contained and strapped down. Surrounded by humans that looked scared. I wonder, can I speak? Do I still retain even the smallest glimpse of my humanity? I let out a low rumble, echoing throughout the large facility I was entrapped in, an alarm went off, and it scared me. This alarm gave me bad memories, thoughts that flowed through my head. The constant reminder of my agony, the blood spilled from my friends, the pain we shared. This alarm wouldn't stop, it kept flashing red, blinding me with its ever-so-vibrant glare.

People ran out of the room I was in, this room wasn't a cage, it was...I don't know what it is. But it was making me feel hot, making my skin itch, it made me feel irritated, violent, mad. I didn't know why, but suddenly I found my jaw splitting in half as a large wave of smoke burst from my throat. It was horrifying, hearing their screams as I had no control, it was as if my body had a mind of its own. I blew a hole through the facility with a large eruption of flames that spewed from my mouth, and it hurt. My jaw forcefully reattached, and the constant burst of flames that spewed out of me had charred my throat. It hurt, yet in a way, it made me feel comfortable. This sensation was the only thing consistent about my life, the only thing truly familiar to me. Pain. The building crumbled, I walked out of the burning rubble, seeing the lifeless burnt, ashy bodies that were everywhere. All these people, once living, and breathing, each with a story to tell. It was sad, unfortunate and I didn't wish harm upon any of them. Yet it was I that had killed them. I feel worse, I am so tired. What did I do to deserve this? Am I evil? I know I should feel something, anything. But I am blinded by the pain. I kept scratching at my throat, it was leaking Blood. I couldn't help but scrape my skin with my nails as I scraped rotting flesh off of me, blood kept gushing out. It was painful, it wouldn't stop. Even if it was familiar, even if its familiarity was comforting, the pain in itself was torture. Eating away at my conscience, would I have to live like this forever? Am I better off ending myself? I fear if this is my life, I'll go insane.

I walked towards the island's edge, seeing the waves splash against each other. A bright light shined upon me. My eyes hurt, the light strained them. I could hear an angelic echo, one that came from the bright sky. A beautiful moth descended from the air, she landed behind me, away from the edge, and away from me. I saw the look she made, her expression, unable to understand it. I couldn't tell what it was, was it disgust, or was it sympathy? Or maybe it was both...