3

The last month of autumn was cold and heavy.
The whole Wizarding World was numb.
Some days ago, the final encounter between Dumbledore and Grindelwald took place.
And Dumbledore was the winner

Still, he walked through the corridors of Hogwarts like nothing happened. Like he was the humble man who served the good in this world.
The fuzz lasted about a week. All the students were talking about it.
But, after some time, it faded, as everything always faded.

Rigel was walking on the bridge that led to the forest with Sandra.
"Did you finish the spell you were working on?"
"Oh, yes. It's ready." Rigel said almost immediately. "Wanna see?" she smiled at Sandra.
"Yeah."
Rigel looked around first. They were quite far away from any people.
Then, she waved her wand at herself.
Suddenly, her body started becoming one with the colors of the bridge.
It was a camouflage spell. It allowed you to become like a chameleon.
"Wow." Sandra covered her mouth in surprise.
"You have to teach me how to do it."
They both laughed. Rigel lifted the spell.

It was one of the spells she made in her spare time.
She needed something to show her.
She didn't want Sandra to know about the curses or the knights.
She waited for the right moment to tell her.

                                      ~~◇~~

Those Christmas, Rigel made it to stay at Hogwarts.
Sandra did the same as soon as Rigel told her.
It was liberating, walking down the empty corridors, going anywhere you wanted, any time you wanted.
She would miss school. It was her sanctuary, her home, and her family. It's been there in her whole childhood, the first years of her life.

Rigel was with Sandra at the clock tower courtyard.
They were two out of the seven students staying in for the holidays.
It was the day of Christmas, and they were sitting on one of the marble benches.
It was evening, half an hour or so before sunset.
There was no snow, but much cold and fogg.
Rigel was sitting while Sandra was lying on the bench with her head resting on Rigel's lap.

"I don't want to leave. I don't want this to end."

"Me neither." Sandra looked up at Rigel.
Rigel was looking at the water in the fountain in front of them. Then she looked down at Sandra.
"What?"

"I have to tell you something."

Sandra sat up, sitting straight.
"Is everything okay?" She looked concerned.

"Yes, everything is fine. Is just that, I have been keeping something from you.
But I think now is the time for you to know."
Rigel tried to say it nicely.

"Rig, you are scaring me."

"Since last year, I have been cooperating with Tom Riddle."

"Riddle? The Slytherin that was one year older?
What for?"

"He found me in the library one night, and in exchange for not reporting me for breaking school rules, he asked me to make some spells for him. And I accepted.
After that, he persuaded me to become a part of his team, a team with selected people of power and influence." She hoped Sandra wouldn't be upset with her.

"Wait a minute. Let me get this straight.
You made an agreement with the most successful and handsome boy in the school, and you didn't tell me?
Are you nuts?"

"San, I'm sorry, I just couldn't find the right moment to tell you." She had a worried look on her face.

"Oh, please. How is he? Is he nice? Does he still have that team? Does he accept new members?"
Sandra asked one question after the other.

"San! It's not like that. Yes, he is nice and gentle, but those have nothing to do with what we are doing." Rigel looked around for any suspicious eyes or ears and lowered her voice.