6

As the months went by, the Dark Lord's powers were growing steadily.
His followers were increasing.
He had infiltrated the Ministry, the Daily Prophet, and he had opened channels of communication with the Dementors of Azkaban.
He also had in mind the darkest of creatures, such as Giants, Vampires, and Werewolves.
The magical community had no idea what was happening they were going to be caught in the sleep.

As for his followers, their great news started arriving.
First, it was Lysander Lestrange who sent him a letter around 1953.
He and his wife, Eumorphia, had a son.
His firstborn, Rodolphus.
Lysander had invited both the Dark Lord and Rigel to his house for the celebration.
He wanted to present the infant to his closest circle.

Rigel had received the owl, a spring morning as the Dark Lord was at Borgin and Burkes.
When he came back, she announced the news.
They were having their lunch while discussing it.
"Strange, isn't it?"
"What is strange?" he had asked.
"They started having children for Merlin's sake." Rigel made a grimace.
He chuckled at her expression.
"What?"
"Nothing.
Just remember that they are not like us. They have obligations to their houses. They need to make heirs." he explained.
"I know. But it is still weird." she said back while taking a sip of her water.
"Please do wear something modest." he had a wicked smile. Rigel eyed him while cutting the meat on her plate.
"I'm holding a knife." she threatened him.
He laughed.
"It's not funny." she pretended to throw the knife.
"Yes, laugh. You are only fucking me.
You have no idea how it is to want to fuck someone but you cannot because those you had are either betrothed, engaged or married and they started spreading heirs." she had the knife on her fist next to her plate.

It was quite amusing for him to see her in distress and frustration.
She was like a hormonal teenager.

"I hate children." She monologued and continued cutting the meat, and he was sure she was imagining chopping one.
He hated them, too.

The next week they attended the celebration.
The guests were mostly well-known faces.
The Knights were all there, the two families, and them.
The Dark Lord was a real gentleman. He had his formal robes on, and she had picked a black dress with no cleavage showing, reaching her neck and ankles so her tattoos won't show, but she didn't hesitate to make it tight around her curves, not to much, but still a little bit tight.

The place was massive, like a small castle.
The Lestranges had taste.
First, they had drinks, and then, the mother brought forth the baby.
"To Rodolphus Lestrange, heir of house Lestrange." Lysander made a toast raising his glass, and everyone followed.

"Welcome, welcome, new soldier." Rigel whispered to the Dark Lord, turning her head to him, resulting in her long earrings to move and touch his skin.
He smirked and brought his glass to his lips to hide it, darting her with a murderous glance.
She continued drinking like nothing had happened.

The night was peaceful. The Dark Lord and Rigel mostly stayed together, and sometimes they spoke with the Knights.
Rigel tried not to be provocative.
Lysander was walking around talking with everyone.
He was very happy.

"My Lord." He slightly bowed his head, almost unnoticeable.
"Rigel."
"Congratulations, Lysander."
"Thank you, my Lord. It's an honor to have you here. And you, Rigel."
"Congratulations, Lys." She raised her glass to him.
"Thanks, Rig." he smiled at her.
After a couple of hours, they left, returning back to the Riddle Manor.

The next year, 1954, Abraxas Malfoy had sent his letter next.
The new heir of house Malfoy was born.
Lucius Malfoy the second.

They again attended the celebration together.
Abraxas hadn't seen Rigel again since that year in the Riddle Manor. Rigel had made sure to be away when he was in the house.
Now, he was smiling around receiving wishes for his family.