10

1965

"They've caught Greyback."
She announced, letting the Prophet on the coffee table as he entered the living room.

"What for?" He aksed concerned, stopping at his tracks.

"For questioning at the Ministry following the deaths of two muggle children." Rigel answered.

"They caught him with a werewolf pack.
But apparently, he confessed he was a muggle and escaped before they erased his memory, as well as with some of the other captives."
She repeated the words from the paper.

"He's quite clever." She added.

"He is indeed. Although I would like to have a word with him." He said back while sitting on the sofa next to her.

"I can call him for you. Just say the word." She eyed him.

"Very well then. Call him. Now." His face hardened, giving the impression he was angry.

"Right away, my Lord."
Rigel leaned back on the sofa, closing her eyes.
She looked deep inside her, as Fenrir had said.
To find the bond.
She thought of the bonding and of him.
In her mind, she was calling his name until she heard his voice in her head.

Rigel opened her eyes abruptly.
"He is coming."

Hours later, he made his appearance.
Rigel sensed him before he even knocked on the door.

"Welcome." She made way for him to come in.

"Is everything okay? Are you okay?" He quickly asked when she closed the door, inspecting her up and down.

"I'm fine, everything is fine. Don't worry about me. He wanted to speak with you.
We read the paper about your capture."
Rigel explained, and he shook his head in understanding.

"Come with me. I'll take you to him."
She started walking and he followed.

Upstairs, the Dark Lord was waiting.
"Fenrir." He exclaimed.

"My Lord." Fenrir bowed slightly.
"To what do I own the pleasure?"

"It came to my attention that you had a small adventure with the Ministry." The Dark Lord walked to Fenrir.

"Yes. I was captured with some members of my pack. But we were able to escape."
Fenrir hurried to say.

"I see. You understand thought that you ought to be more careful." His voice was very low, and that meant one thing. He was very dangerous right now.

"Of course, my Lord. We are, but the ministry you see is doing everything to keep us on the run. I admit some of the pack they are not so careful, but having the ministry in our tracks is making it more difficult." Fenrir tried to explain.

"I see.
Once the Ministry is ours, you won't need to hide anymore. I promise that. You can go." The Dark Lord smirked.

"Thank you, my Lord." He slowly backed off, leaving the room.
Rigel followed him to escort him out.

"That went well." He commented while they walked at the corridor.

"He was angry, you know. And when he's angry, he's very dangerous."

"Hmm, noted." He said sceptically.
"How you've been doing?" He aksed.

"I am well." She answered as they stood in front of the door.

"I have missed you, though. I must confess that a part inside me craves to leave the house and come find you." She said while looking at the wall behind him, like she was imagining herself running in the woods and joining the pack.