Logan

I have been all over the country to find my mate, and it's as if she doesn't exist. I hope to goddess she hasn't already perished. My heart hurts just thinking about that.

    I've asked the goddess to give me a sign of where she might be, but I get no answer. "Typical female," I scoffed.

    "Alpha," my Beta Felix said as he came into my office.
    "Yes Felix?" I said looking up at him from my desk.
    "We have a situation, Alpha." He said.
    "What's the problem, Beta?" I responded a little annoyed.
    "Well, you see...," he struggled to get whatever he was trying to say out of his mouth.
    "Spit it out, Beta," I said a little too harshly.
    "Well, it's the council, sir. They said if you don't find your mate within a year, you will either have to select a Luna or they will select one for you." He said nervously.
    I stared at my beta for what seemed like half an hour before replying, "Are you serious? They know how I feel about just settling down with someone who isn't my fated mate."
    "Yes, Alpha. I understand how you feel. I don't think that they should force that on you. But you have been searching for ten years, and you haven't found her." He said.
    I looked at my beta, who was also my dearest friend, and said, "Very Well. Let me finish up here and tomorrow we will search for my Luna at first light ."
    "Yes, Alpha." He said.
    "And Felix? I said as he was about to turn around. "Make sure to pack plenty of clothes, because we are not coming back until the year is up or I have my Luna."
    Felix just nodded and walked out of my office. He had to let my Gamma Alec know. Alec is my other dearest friend. The three of us grew up together as pups and have been inseparable ever since. I wouldn't be the Alpha I am today, if it wasn't for my two best friends always having my back.

    After finishing the work I needed to get done, the cook had dinner ready. After I had my dinner, I walked up to my room and when I opened my door there was someone laying on my bed. It was Leah, a she-wolf who has always tried getting me to sleep with her and make her my Luna. I've successfully managed to get her to understand that I don't have those feelings for her. But unfortunately I've came close to giving up on finding my mate and just marking her and making her my Luna. Leah would make an alright Luna, but the fact remains, she's not my fated mate.

    "Leah, I don't have time for this." I said harshly.
    "Come on baby, you look tense. Let me help you." She said. "Besides I heard you're going on a trip and it might take you awhile before you are able to come home."
    "Yes, I'm going on a business trip, and I don't know how long I will be away." I responded. "Please get out."
    "Logan please..." she begged, " I need you, and I know you want to."
    "Get out now,  Leah." I said, using my Alpha tone.
    "Fine." She said walking towards the door. "If you change your mind, you know where to find me." Then she stomped out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

    I walked over to my window and looked up at the moon.
    "Goddess" I pleaded, "please let me find my mate soon. Give me a sign of where she might be."
    When all was but silent, I walked over to my bed and climbed in. I closed my eyes and tried to imagine what my mate might look like. Then sleep took over me.

    When I woke up, I could see the sun starting to rise, so I got up and jumped in the shower and then got dressed. I walked down the stairs to the foyer where my driver was waiting by the door for me. He took my bag and walked out to the car, with me following behind him. My beta was already sitting in the backseat, waiting for me.

    "Where to, Alpha?" My driver asked.
    It took me a minute to respond when I got this feeling in my stomach. "Arkansas," I replied.
    My beta just looked at me and quietly said as he turned away, "Oh great, the hillbilly state."
    I just chuckled to myself hearing Felix say that.

    It was a long drive from Michigan, but we finally made it to our location. My driver Phil stopped the car at a hotel that was just right off the interstate. It wasn't the greatest looking on the outside, but it would have to do.

    A month went by and I still hadn't found my mate. I was growing agitated and Felix wasn't helping matters when I said "Let's go to the gym that's just down the road from here. I need to work off some steam."
    Felix nodded and got ready to go. When we got there, we got on the treadmill to warm up before hitting the weights. It was early so there wasn't anyone there but us. Then I heard the door open as a female walked in and started her warm up on the treadmill.
    I was lifting weights when this strange but wonderful smell hit me. It smelled like vanilla and honey. Then it hit me, I looked up at the female as she walked over to one of the machines to lift weights. A feeling deep down in my gut made it hard to look away from the beautiful woman.
    Felix noticed I had stopped working out and was zoned out when he said, "Alpha, are you alright?" Luckily the female had earbuds in, so she couldn't hear anything we said. I took my gaze away from the female and looked over at Felix and whispered, "Mate."