|| Chapter 3: Deep Conversations||

Rajveer alighted from the jeep and stared at the hotel in front of him. 'Dinner Time' was one of the best hotels in the town, which boasted fantastic food and an even greater ambience. Added to it, it belonged to one of the royal families of Rajasthan, and Rajveer had a strong suspicion that it was owned by the Crown Prince of Barmer.

With a smirk threatening to break out on his face, Rajveer turned towards his friend and found him typing away on his phone.

"Saath to mere aaye hain Chauhan Sahab, fir ye messages kise kar rahe hain?"

Flustered, Abhimanyu looked up to find his friend smirking at him.

"Nahi to... kisi ko bhi nahi."

"Then to what do I owe this special honour of dining in a hotel which belongs to the Yuvraj of Barmer?"

"Because you can. After all, you know the owner of the hotel."

"I swear, Chauhan Sahab. I am extremely doubtful of your intentions."

"My intentions are as pure as snow."

Rajveer speared his best friend with a look that could have scared any other person. But Abhimanyu was used to this and didn't even flinch. With a wink, he led his friend inside.

As they entered the lobby, the scent of freshly cut flowers and soft jazz music set the tone for an evening of celebration. Abhimanyu, wearing a conspiratorial grin, guided Rajveer to the private section reserved for the special occasion.

The door swung open to reveal a lavishly decorated room bathed in warm, ambient light. The cadets, adorned in their military best, erupted in cheers as Rajveer stepped into the midst of the surprise gathering. Captain Dr Shalini Singhal, Cadet Naina, Cadet Aalekh, Cadet Huda, Cadet Ghai, Cadet Ali, and Cadet Yudi stood ready, their faces beaming with excitement.

Balloons adorned with congratulatory messages floated in the air, and a banner proudly proclaimed, "Major Rajveer Singh Shekhawat - Congratulations" The room echoed with laughter and camaraderie as the surprise sunk in for the guest of honour.

Abhimanyu, raising a toast, spoke with genuine warmth, "To Major Rajveer, a leader and a friend. May your journey ahead be as remarkable as the path you've already tread. Congratulations!"

The night unfolded with a symphony of joy and shared memories. A feast of delectable dishes graced the table, and the atmosphere resonated with anecdotes, laughter, and the clinking of glasses. The cadets, united in their celebration, took turns expressing gratitude for Rajveer's mentorship and leadership.

Captain Shalini, with a twinkle in her eye, handed Rajveer a small gift. "To mark this milestone, Major," she said, her voice filled with appreciation for his dedication and service.

"So this was the plan! Tabhi Chauhan Sahab mujhe academy se bhaga rahe the. Warna mai aap sabko dhundhne jata aur mujhe koi nahi milta. And his plan would have backfired." Raj accepted the gift with a smile all the while shooting daggers at his best friend who surrendered without a fight.

"Guilty as charged, Raj. But I am not the only one."

"And who exactly are your partners in crime?"

"Who else but your special six."

On cue, bouquets in hand, the six cadets approached Major Rajveer Singh Shekhawat with beaming smiles. The vibrant blossoms, carefully selected, represented a spectrum of colours that mirrored the diversity of their camaraderie. With genuine excitement, each cadet handed over their bouquet, a gesture of admiration, and congratulations for their newly promoted leader.

Cadet Naina, her eyes sparkling with pride, presented a bouquet of deep red roses, symbolizing respect and admiration. Cadet Aalekh handed over a mix of sunflowers and daisies, expressing the joy and optimism that Rajveer brought to their ranks.