15- Salvation

Hello Everyone!

I am so sorry for the delay. I was quite busy actually. 

So here is the chapter

Hope you enjoy it!

Happy Reading!

Drishya's POV 

In the dimly lit room, the air hangs heavy with the scent of anxiety and despair. I am adorned in the bridal attire against my will, my once vibrant eyes now dulled by the cruel reality unfolding before me. 

The reflection in the mirror shows a version of myself I never envisioned – a bride, but not by choice.

My trembling hands try to wipe away the constant stream of tears, but they are relentless. The women assisting me with the bridal preparations exchange empathetic glances, recognizing the silent agony etched on my face. 

Yet, their sympathy remains confined within the limits of their roles.

The weight of the elaborate jewelry and bridal attire feels like chains, chaining me to a fate I never deserved. 

My heart aches at the memory of my father, whose absence amplifies the gravity of my predicament. I wonder how he would have protected me from this betrayal.

My thoughts leap to my mother, brother, and sister, left vulnerable to the storm I find myself engulfed in. 

Panic for their safety intensifies the knots in my stomach. A father's absence and now a mother's helplessness.

Amidst this nightmare, unexpected fragments of solace surface – memories of Mr. Shekhawat. His smile, his warmth, and the undeniable connection we shared flicker in my mind. 

A small, bittersweet smile forms as I recall our moments together. Mr. Shekhawat, an unintended anchor in this sea of chaos.

But as quickly as the smile appears, it fades, replaced by the harsh reality of the present. I closed my eyes, shutting out the gilded room and the unwelcome wedding preparations. 

I yearns for escape, for freedom, and for a chance to rewrite the script fate has penned for me.

As the tears continue to fall, my spirit remains unbroken. In my heart, I still clings to the hope that somewhere, somehow, there will be a dawn where my cries for freedom will be heard, and the shackles of this forced marriage will crumble.

Drishya's POV ends

Anirvaan, Abhiram, Manish and Commissioner with their police officers reached Drishya's house and Anirvaan stepped in and saw that her mother was crying and beside her, Drishya's siblings were consoling her.

Disha saw him and all the people who came with him and nudges her mother to look, she looked up and asked the Commissioner

Ramya: Kuch pata chala meri bacchi ka? 

The Commissioner nodded in no and says

Commissioner: Dekhiye ma'am hum aapse kuch pooch taach karne aaye hai

Anirvaan: (looked at her mother and says) Ma'am please corporate with us I promise you I won't let anything happen to Drishya 

She nodded with tears in her eyes

Anirvaan: Ma'am I know this is personal lekin kuch din pehle Drishya kaafi pareshaan thi aur usne kaha ki uske tayaji uski shaadi karwana chahte hai, lekin aapne aur usne dono ne mana kar diya