𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐀 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐄 𝐒𝐎 𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒.

There was no secrecy between Percy Jackson and Cora Viper. Except for the fact that he was a demigod and she was the daughter of one of the greatest tragedies of love. Other than that, there were no secrets.

It was hard to believe that the two started off with a slight hatred for each other.

Then they turned into something indescribable.

Every day he was in the infirmary, she was there with him. After her activities and meals, she would run straight back to Percy.

She would sit there patiently waiting for him to wake up. Of course, she wasn't actually patient. She would complain, saying that it was taking too long. All she wanted was for him to wake up so that she could explain what was going on, what he saw, why she was there.

He would have so many questions.

Cora hated the fact that she would have to leave, even if it was only for a few minutes.

Every chance she got, she would just sit there for as long as she could.

When he woke up, she was there with Grover.

Grover was sitting in the chair next to the bed while Cora was sitting on the second bed, tracing her ring with her finger.

"It's okay. You're safe" Grover said as Percy turned around. Percy looked over at the desk, as did Grover, looking at the horn of the Minotaur, but Cora didn't, she stayed focused on Percy. "It really happened" Percy said.

"Well, it's a big deal to kill a monster like that. So, I wanted everyone to--" "did you see it?" Percy interrupted "did you see what happened to my mom?" "I did" Grover answered "I didn't, but I know what happened" Cora said quietly.

Grover had told her everything that happened before she got there that night.

"I'm sorry for.. everything. My job was to protect you, to get you here safely. Maybe if I told you the truth a little sooner, your mom would still be here--" Grover's voice turned to one Cora hadn't heard from him before "please, stop" Percy said.

Cora felt like she shouldn't be there. Maybe she should've just let Grover be there alone and she could see Percy after he was more settled in.

Her brain whirled with different endings to this situation. She thought that her most successful option was to walk out and let them figure out what they needed to figure out.

Cora stood, pulling down her Camp Half-Blood shirt "I'm gonna be outside" she said as she walked past Grover, lightly squeezing his shoulder as she did. Percy watched as she walked out. He wanted to tell her to stay but he didn't.

If you didn't tell someone to stay, they would leave. That's how it works.

It didn't take long for Cora to find Mr. D, who was mumbling to himself about just wanting a drink. Cora was one of the only people Mr. D found tolerable, and he actually knew her name, she took that to mean that she was his favourite.

Cora sat down in the chair next to Mr. D before he noticed her, which he only did when the sound of the chair scraping against the floor reached his ears.

"Seriously? You couldn't just be quiet?" Mr. D said, looking up at the girl who was rolling her eyes "you're not hungover, D. You kinda can't be" Cora responded, tapping the table like she always did when she wanted something.