𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐒.

"There is no way this is what sacred smells like" Percy said, getting a nod from Cora while she faked a gag, then pretended to pass out, which made him laugh softly.

"We're soldiers on a mission. It's not a vacation" Annabeth scolded them. Cora nodded and turned back normal, looking out the window.

"Thank you for clearing that up. But if this is so important, why didn't Chiron spring for plane tickets?" Percy complained while Cora began to move her ring through her fingers.

"Zeus rules the sky," Cora said, her focus remaining on the trees that they passed, Percy looked at her as she spoke "we go up there, we're screwed."

Percy nodded and looked down at her hands, noticing her playing with her ring. He pulled her hand away from the one with the ring and replaced it with his own, holding her hand.

She didn't look back at him, but a soft smile did appear on her face.

As the bus pulled into a station where passengers could do what they needed to, Annabeth stood up.

"Okay, I'm gonna go get us some snacks" she said as she stood from her seat. Cora turned her head to look at her and nodded.

"I'll go with you" Cora said, letting go of Percy's hand, which made him disappointed, and standing up so that she could go to the aisle.

"No, I'll go" Percy said as she went to step over him, putting his hand out in front of her to stop her.

"No, you'll stay right there" Annabeth said, pulling Cora to her.

"How come she gets to go and I can't? And it smells terrible back here" Percy argued with them, letting Annabeth tug his friend forward.

"Monsters won't be able to smell you through it," Cora answered sweetly, while Annabeth looked at him like he was an idiot "and I'm not a demigod. Also, monsters like me."

"Why would monsters like you?" Percy asked with a scoff, making both girls roll their eyes, while Grover remained quiet.

"I'm from the Underworld," Cora shrugged, leaning her arm on Annabeth's shoulder "they like me."

"Just stay here" Annabeth sighed, pushing Cora's arm off her shoulder and instead taking her hand.

"I wanna vote. Who thinks that we should all go get to breathe fresh air and buy our own snacks?" Percy said, raising his hand.

"We're not gonna vote, Perce" Cora said softly with an apologetic smile, leaning over and pushing his hand down. 

Percy sighed and shook his head, rolling his eyes. "I don't think you should just get to decide we don't vote" he said.

"I'm sorry to hear that" Annabeth responded, pulling Cora back to her again. Cora smiled at her, then looked at Percy in a way to apologise for how Annabeth was acting towards him.

"Okay. I wanna vote on whether you get to decide we don't vote" Percy continued, the argument already making Cora feel tired.

"Perce, stop" Cora said, as if she had been dealing with annoying children, because she had, for a long long time.

"Yes, ma'am" Percy said quickly, looking down. Annabeth looked at the two of them for a moment, confused by what was happening.

Percy looked up after a moment and smiled at Cora, as she smiled back. The two had joked around this way for months.

"Whatever. Cora, come on" Annabeth said. Cora nodded and started walking down the aisle, still holding Annabeth's hand, while Grover started singing the consensus song that Cora knew very well.