Chapter 3

Gisela tied the bow on her big dress. She had picked out her least favorite ball gown. The top was rose gold and in the shape of a heart. Then it was mesh down until the skirt, two medium sized layers were shiny light pink fabric, one large layer was mesh, and topped with another pink layer. She added a rose gold bow around her waist and a mini tiara. She took curls out of her hair, sighing into her vanity. She began to hum a tune.

"When your heart says it's so.. it's sure to let you know. Listen out and you will hear.." She smiled a bit, getting up and rushing to her window. "I yearn to search out there! My suffocating heart is begging for air! Should I say yes or go? My heart, please let me know!" She twirls into her closet, curtsying for a mannequin. "Do I say yes and accept my duties as queen? Or!" She knocks the mannequin down. "Do I say no and start my adventure for what true love means?" She picks the mannequin up, letting out a small 'sorry'. She leaps out of the closet. "The wild world is vast and its calling me, closer, and all the while he's sailing! Do I find him or just let him go? I'm listening to me heart.. and it says.." she was interrupted. "Go!" The handmaiden hurried in. "Go?" Gisela grinned, turning. "The Prince! He's downstairs! The banquet is about to start! Your father is waiting! Go!" The handmaiden was out of breath from running upstairs. "Oh.." Gisela frowned but picked up her skirt and hurried downstairs. The Prince grinned as he saw her. "You look gorgeous, Gisela." He smiled. "Thanks... Alan" She steps onto the floor and walked towards her mother. Her and her mother exchanged hopeful looks and Gisela smiled. The royal trumpet sounds off.

"INTRODUCING THE HOSTS. KING ROBERT THE SECOND AND QUEEN MARISSA THE KIND-HEART. THEIR DAUGHTER PRINCESS GISELA AND THEIR SONS PRINCE TREY, JONAH, AND JACOR. AS WELL AS THE ESTEEMED GUESTS. KING PEDRO, QUEEN AMIRA, AND PRINCE ALAN OF GARCIAN! WELCOME TO THE BALL!" The bard announces. The music starts up and Gisela runs into the crowd to dance with a stranger. She saw a man with gelled back light brown hair and all leather. Something about him felt.. familiar, welcoming, and kind of scary. "Hello sir, would you mind if we?-" Gisela finished. "The Princess? The Princess wants to dance.. with me?" The man in leather turned around. He had a long black leather coat, a maroon vest, black leather pants, and brown leather boots. Her had a stud in one ear and heavy usage of guy-liner. Gisela gasped, taking a step back. She could tell he as well was a bit moved. He offered his hand with a boyish grin. "Well.. may I know your name, or does that remain a secret, considering you're a pirate?" Gisela smirked.

"You know I'm a pirate?-" The man seemed confused. "It's quite obvious" She tried to lie. "That's not it.. there's another reason. Call me Captain Vaun, though, dear..." He waited for her to say her name. "Gisela. Gisela Hudsora. It's wonderful to meet you, Captain." She smiled and took his hand for a dance. Right as the two moved closer Alan approached. "There you are! Hi, this is my fiancé. I appreciate you for entertaining her." Alan took her from him. "Fiancé?!" The Captain was shocked and a little hurt. "I'm not your fiancé! I haven't-" Gisela tried to argue. She was shushed and danced away from Vaun. Captain Vaun put a hand in his pocket and walked out. Gisela sighed, this might've been her only chance. She couldn't take this anymore. "ENOUGH, ALAN! I DON'T WANT TO MARRY YOU! I REJECT YOUR PROPOSAL!" Gisela screams. Everyone around pauses. "Gisela!" Her father exclaimed, angrily. "I don't care! He's not my true love!" Gisela ran out to Vaun.

She ran outside and called out, desperately. "VAUN! VAUN!" She called out, tears brimming in her eyes. This can't be the only chance! She has to find him and explain it to him! If only she could tell him about the dream! Where is he?! She ran down to the dock. She watched as the infamous ship "Diamond Rave" pulled out of the Harbor. She ran to the end of the harbor. "VAUN!" She screams out. Vaun looked over to her with a cold look on his face. He couldn't do this, she was a princess, and he had no room for love, quite frankly. No room at all. Some of the pirates grinned. "Look at her! All dressed up! Say, is that the Princess?" The pirate, Shamrock asked. "Ignore her boys.." Captain Vaun sighs, leaving the harbor back in the wind.