Prolouge

Wow! Hi. I'm the writer and I actually don't know if I'm gonna even publish this but we'll see how it goes.

This is embarrassing.
________________________________

Ah yes. Another peaceful morning in the sleepy town of Postwick . The Rookidee chipped as the warm breeze of the sun blew through the windows of the home of the Champion.

"Y/N! WHERE'S MY JACKET!"

At least, that's what I was hoping for.

I wake up in my bed, my hair an absolute mess lifting my head in a daze as I tried to wake up.

"Y/N! GET UP!" Yelled a familiar voice from the hallways.

Hop. My little brother. He was running frantically down the halls that morning as he tried to find his jacket.

I stretched out my limbs before getting out of bed.

"Hop? What are you yelling for?" I yawned in confusion.

"Y/N!? How could you forget?" He scolded me."Today is the day I head out for the gym challenge!" He said bursting with energy.
"Hop. Buddy. I hate to break it to you. But that's not until tomorrow." I said in an irritated tone as I pointed to the calendar on the wall behind him.

"Oh..." he sighed in a slightly disappointment."Sorry about that." He rubbed the back of his head pouting."I guess I was just really excited."

"Ugh..." I groaned."It's fine, mate. We all get over excited sometimes." I comforted as I patted his head, ruffling his hair."Why don't I make us some breakfast?" I suggested, smiling at him warmly.

"Oh, oh, oh! Can you make hotcakes?!" He asked eagerly

"Anything for the future Champion." I giggled at his excitement.

I then lead us downstairs toward the kitchen as I throw in an apron and grab the ingredients needed. I then get to work, throwing the ingredients into the bowl, stirring it, and humming as I pour the batter on to the burner.

As I'm in my hotcake flippin groove, I hear footsteps descend down the staircase.

"Morning mom!" Exclaimed Hop from the table.

"Morning mom. I'm making breakfast. How many hotcakes do ya want?" I called out as I asked.

"Oh? Look at you being all productive today. I'll take 2 please." She says. She then notices something at the bottom of the staircase."Uh oh. Looks like Leon left his hat here again." She sighed shaking her head.

Leon drops by sometimes to visit the family every now and again, and every time he forgets something.

"Again? Ugh, he needs to keep better track of his stuff." I laughed as I plated the hotcakes and brought them to the table where a hungry Hop awaits.

Mom then takes a seat next to Hop.

"He's gonna need this for today's match, it's his trademark hat." She said, pondering for a moment before snapping her fingers. She had an idea."Oh, Y/N?" I said, giving me a sly smile.

"Hmm?" I hummed, smiling. Placing her hotcakes in front of her.

"Would you mind heading down to Hammerlocke and giving this back to Leon?" She proposed.

"Huh?!" Me and Hop gasped, looking at her with a flabbergasted stare.

"Why not?" She asked curiously."Leon will need his hat for the fight, Hop would gain some knowledge for his journey tomorrow, you'd see Leon, and it would be a good trip in all." She reasoned giving a cheeky smile.

"Yeah Y/N! Cmon please?" Hop begged as he scarfed down his food in excited hurry."I wanna go see Lee." He pouted, giving me his puppy dog eyes.

They then both give me a glare.

"Ugh! Fine." I groaned as I reluctantly agreed."I'll head over to Hammerlocke. Just let me get ready." I then removed my apron and headed upstairs.

But with a quick glance into the living room for, just a second, something caught my eye."Oh, Hop., Your jacket." I pointed at his jacket lying upon the couch.

"Oi!" He exclaimed standing up as my mother snickered.