Chapter 299: Uno

Meanwhile, in a tall building with a yellow interior, stood eight young idols in a star formation.

"Dos, you're not aligned with Tres," Uno, their leader, said, manually moving his fellow member to the right position. "We need to make sure that everything's perfect."

"Of course," Quattro exclaimed. "We won't settle for anything less than perfect."

Just then, the door of the prestigious practice room opened, revealing their smiley manager.

"I have good news, boys!" Kun exclaimed, stumbling on his feet as he entered the room.

Uno sighed as he looked at their hopeless manager. "What is it this time?"

"Well, you're happy to see me," Kun sarcastically said. "Like I said, I've got some good news! Your group debut photo tied with the numbers EVE had achieved."

"Really?" Tres exclaimed. "Did we beat them?"

"We don't know that," Kun said. "Navel doesn't show the whole number. But the two of you ended at 212,000 likes in 24 hours. It's honestly insane how that happened."

"Dang, that's a lot," Cinco exclaimed.

"Of course, it's a lot," Ocho said, wiping his sweat as he leaned against the mirror. "You shouldn't expect anything less than that. We should have beaten them."

"Loosen up," Seven said. "Those are great numbers."

"I can't loosen up," Ocho snapped. "Why are you named 'Seven' while I'm stuck with Ocho? It's fucking unfair."

"We've already gone through this," Kun massaged the bridge of his nose. "You're sticking with the number concept. Don't you think it's pretty cool?"

"I think it's cool," Seven exclaimed.

"Well, try being in my shoes," Ocho exclaimed. "I sound like a chocolate snack."

"That's a good thing, though," Seven pointed out. "Lots of people like chocolate."

"It can't be changed," Kun sighed. "Your concept photos have already been posted. Besides, we can't call Seven 'Siete.' It's too close to shitty."

"That's a good thing, though," Six exclaimed, causing Seven to stick his tongue out at him.

"Whatever, let's go back to your good news," Ocho rolled his eyes. "Is that all? It's not even good if we didn't beat EVE."

"Ocho's right," Uno said. "It's a shame we couldn't beat their record."

With Uno's utterance, the seven other boys turned silent.

As their leader and official center, Uno had a lot of influence in the group. Having trained the longest and undoubtedly having the most talent, his opinions were held in the highest regard.

Seven, who trained for only three months before joining the group, was about to speak, but Six quickly covered his mouth and shook his head.

In the end, Seven succumbed to the pressure.

"Well, that just means we have to work harder," Uno said, sounding more determined.

"That's right," Kun proudly smiled. "You guys just work hard. The company will provide everything for you."

Uno nodded. "Good," he said. His presence was even more overwhelming than that of their manager itself.

"Now," Uno said in a serious tone, "get to work."

***

Weeks turned into days, and now, the time left for their debut was coming close.

Three days, to be exact.