Prologue: Invitation ( Short )

A/n: This takes place before Princess Prom ( the event, not the episode )
______________________________________________________________________________________

Layla was sitting alone at a table in the library of Shade Star's Castle as she was looking at her invitation to the All Princess Ball with a worried look in her eyes, when she heard the library doors open. She glanced to her side to see her boyfriend, Hornet, close the doors shut behind him so no one else enters before he sat down beside her.

Layla: Let me guess... My mother told you?

Hornet: That, and your father also told me that you didn't give the reaction they thought you would when given the invitation.

Layla: It's just... All the other princesses are going to be there and you know how they view Shade Star...how they view my family... I'm just worried that if I go, they'll just say that I don't belong...

Hornet then gave Layla a gentle smile as he gently placed his hand over his girlfriend's hand.

Hornet: I understand your worry, but remember that you are a princess, strong and intelligent, and if the other princesses fail to see that, it's their lost. Because they would be missing out on seeing the beautiful white rose in front of my own eyes and they won't even get the chance to seeing how powerful she really is.

Layla blushed at Hornet's words, and Hornet kept looking at her with a gentle smile at seeing her worries being set a ease a little.

Layla: How do you always know what to say to make me feel better?

Hornet: Probably because what I say is true, my white rose.

Layla giggled as her blush deepened when Hornet kissed her on the cheek.

Layla: ( with a smile: ) What did I do to deserve you...

Hornet: Everything, my white rose.

______________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for the prologue, I hope you like it

Feel free to comment on what you think about this adorable couple so far.

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜