Chapter 1: Before The Ball

Layla was currently in her bedroom and had changed into a beautiful night blue long sleeved ball gown with white roses embroidered on the bottom, she wore dark blue flat shoes and her hair was put up in a braided bun. Layla was looking at her reflection in a mirror with a worried expression.

Layla: What if Hornet doesn't like it?-

Queen Eris: ( off-screen: ) Nonsense, my nightingale!

Layla then turned to see her parents, Queen Eris and King Luco, standing at the doorway. King Luco was an average looking etherian man with fair skin, platinum blonde hair, and blue eyes, the only unique feature about him was the scar across his face, it was clear as day that Layla had inherited her father's looks, and Luco was currently looking at his daughter with tears of joy in his eyes.

King Luco: ( while back his tears of joy: ) Why are you growing up so fast on me?

Queen Eris chuckled at her husband's behavior, she was a beautiful, tall lycan woman with long jet black hair, piercing yellow eyes, pale skin, and light freckles. She then walked to Layla with a kind smile as Luco was struggling to contain his tears of joy in the background.

Queen Eris: ( to Layla: ) Layla, darling, you and I both know that Hornet would love anything you wear because of the fact that you are wearing it. Everything will be fine. ( Jokingly, to Luco with a smile: ) And dear, would you calm down? She's just going to her first ball, not her wedding.

King Luco: ( half jokingly, with a smile: ) And I will be crying on that day as equally as much as right now! Because a certain beautiful woman had to teach me that it's okay to cry!

Both mother and daughter laughed in response as Luco wiped his tears away.

Queen Eris: He's got me there.

Layla: Hehe, he sure did, Mom.

King Luco: But, what your mother said is true, marshmallow. Everything will be fine, Princess Prom is one of the most peaceful events in Etheria.

Layla: ( with a raised brow: ) Didn't you get punched in the face when you came to Princess Prom with Mom when you were my age?

Queen Eris: ( with a serious expression: ) Sadly...for Micah as I had punched him in the face for it.

King Luco: ( quickly, as he felt his wife's protective rage rising at the mention of the memory: ) To be fair, no one outside of Shade Star knew that I had left the Horde back then, and I held and still hold no grudge towards it... your mother on the other hand... she still holds a grudge towards Micah to this day even though he has passed on.

Layla chuckled at her parents' antics, and she then began to wonder what her boyfriend was going to wear.

Queen Eris: Anyway, let's get you to your carriage so you and Hornet won't be late.

( Meanwhile, with Hornet )

Hornet was currently at his adoptive mother, General Willow 's home. It was a home built within a massive dark tree with purple leaves. The tree home had multiple floors and hundreds different kinds of rooms mainly bedrooms, as it was made to house a silken family.

Hornet was at the bottom floor, and currently wearing a dark night blue tux with a black spider embroidered on the back of his shirt, black gloves, and black boots, and he was looking for something when General Willow climbed down to him from the sixth floor holding a white rose.

Willow was a giant silken woman with the lower half of a wolf spider, long light brown hair, and kind light blue eyes, she was also missing one of her legs and a few painful looking battle scars on her body.

Willow climbed down from the sixth floor to Hornet with a gentle smile as she handed him the rose he had gotten as a gift for Princess Layla.

Willow: You accidentally left it in your room, my son. Can't leave without a gift to your love.

Hornet: Thank you, Mother. I feared that I wouldn't have been able to find it.

Willow: ( with a worried expression: ) Remember, my son, to be cautious. Just because the ball is neutral ground, doesn't mean it's completely safe from our foes.

Hornet: I will, Mother. I promise, I will be ready for any kind of danger that might happen at the ball, with or without a weapon.

Willow's worried expression slowly disappeared at Hornet's words, but she still had motherly worry in her eight eyes for Hornet's safety. That's when they saw a black carriage pulled by two wyverns arrive outside through a nearby window.

Willow: ( with a smile: ) Best not keep your love waiting, my son. You both have fun and be safe, alright?

Hornet: ( to Willow, with a reassuring smile: ) We will, Mother.

Hornet and Willow then gave each other a hugged before separating, Willow then opened the front door for Hornet and watched as he went into the carriage and left with Layla.

Willow: ( silently: ) Oh, ancestors, I fear that something terrible might happen. Please watch over my son and his love tonight...

( With Hornet and Layla )

Hornet and Layla sat beside each other in the carriage, and Hornet gently placed the white rose in Layla's hair, making the princess blush in response to his actions and to his outfit.

Hornet: ( chuckles ) Looks like my white rose is turning red.

Layla: ( blushes more ) ( with a shy smile: ) I swear, sometimes I think your main goal of everyday is to make me blush.

Hornet: It can't be help, princess, when you look so cute like this.

Layla made a cute squeal in response to Hornet's words as she tries to cover her blushed face with her hands, making Hornet chuckle.

______________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Feel free to comment on seeing what Layla and Hornet's families are like.

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜