Chapter 3: Princess Prom ( Part 2 )

A hour or so have passed, Layla and Hornet were now talking as they stood in the crowd, the people around them stayed a distance away from the couple, but the couple didn't seem to mind as the both of them quickly noticed that Perfuma was now seemingly looking for something, and they both noticed that Bow no longer seemed to be in sight.

Layla: ( quietly with a calm expression, to Hornet: ) You feeling what I'm feeling?

Hornet: ( quietly, back to Layla: ) Yes, my white rose, I do believe that something is going to arise tonight, as much as it pains me.

Layla: ( to Hornet, calmly and quietly: ) Should we intervene or...?

Hornet: ( his ear twitches slightly ) ( whispers, to Layla: ) I'm afraid that we must, as there are heat bombs being planted everywhere, and I do believe that I can no longer hear Bow within the castle.

Layla: ( sarcastically: ) Oh, what fun. ( To Hornet, while watching Catra mess with Adora from the distance: ) Which counter move should we do this time? The lizard in the burrow or the sheep in the wolf's cloak, sense the cat is playing with the ponytail?

Hornet: ( with a calm smile: ) I think the black shard guard would be the more calmer and safer opinion that will minimize the risk of any casualties.

Layla: You're right. Should I do it to all of the hbs?

Hornet: I say leave just a few un-sharded, to give them some motivation to try to think of a smarter plan next time.

Layla: Alright. ( Kisses Hornet's cheek ) Love you, Hun. Wish me luck.

Layla then walked away from her boyfriend, leaving Hornet calmly watching the two guards that were sneaking around without anyone else knowing, but to his trained eye, it's was plainly obvious that they were horde soldiers dressed as Snows guards due to how they were trying to not act suspicious, which made him chuckle slightly.

( Slight time skip )

Hornet and Layla now calmly watched as Adora hoisted Catra by her jacket during the first dance of the ball.

Layla: ( whispers, to Hornet: ) You know, Adora is sorta reminding me of my mom a little right now.

Hornet held back a chuckle from leaving his throat.

Adora: ( to Catra: ) Tell me what you did with him right-

Adora then gets trapped in ice by Princess Frosta.

Adora: Revered hostess, she's got-

Frosta: Princess Ball is a ceremony of unity. Violence is strictly forbidden.

Adora: You don't understand.

Frosta: I understand perfectly. As hostess, in accordance with the rules set down over the centuries, I hereby revoke your invitation. You are to leave my kingdom and never, ever-

Some heat bombs explode on the walls, causing the crowd to panic and scatter, when some of the heat bombs went off, black crystals the bombs, preventing those bombs from exploding, causing Catra and Adora to look at the crystals with slight confusion. Hornet and Layla quickly nodded at each other after the guards escorted Frosta away from the danger, and the couple began making their way through the crowd to help Adora as Glimmer teleports away, neither Adora or Catra notice that the couple were coming their way.