- 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 -

must everything you do make me wanna smile?

FLIPPING THROUGH THE electronic  document she was reading, Regina let out a long sigh. She had long been at this particular topic, and though she usually liked doing research for her Master—especially when it meant alone time spent in the Archives—this bored her. Quillow had requested that she research this tiny parasitic lifeform; though she hadn't wanted to tell her Master, Regina saw no significance in its research.

"Bored?" came a familiar voice.

Regina glanced up from the holographic book to see Skywalker standing across the table from her, a smirk set on his lips. She resisted the sudden urge to roll her eyes and say some snappy comeback. Instead, she turned off the holobook and turned her attention to her rival. Yes, they were on slightly better terms—their weekly practice sessions saw to that—but that didn't mean they totally got along. On the contrary, actually. They had done a total of three saber practices together and while they were sparring they got along. However, as soon as they stepped foot out of the practice room, they were arguing and fighting like nothing had changed.

Though, something had changed, Regina could feel it, but he still irked her. It was something she couldn't put her finger on. It was a new feeling. It was confusing.

But interrupting when she was reading, no matter how boring the book was? That was a major no-no. So yeah, she was annoyed.

"I apologize for interrupting, Sitara, but Obi-Wan sent me to help you," Skywalker continued. She could feel his gaze on her and it took all she had in her to keep from looking up from her holobook. "He said you were researching something about microscopic parasites from Geonosis and—"

Now she did look up.

It all made sense now. She should have seen it all along. This had been another "practice session," one that challenged their abilities outside of the usual lightsaber sparring. Their Masters as well as the Council had known that some other measures had needed to be taken, so they were dropping them with mindless activities that would force them to work together. It made sense.

Regina met Skywalker's eyes with annoyance that was, for once, not directed at him.

"Have a seat," she said as she gestured to the seat next to her. "It seems like we've been set up."

"Yeah, I kind of had a feeling," Skywalker replied with a sigh, gathering his dark brown robes and sliding into the mildly comfortable archives seat on her left. "So what did our kind Masters task us with?" He shot her a look that emanated amusement, a small smile that tugged his lips upward.

"Well," Regina huffed, sliding a few of the holobooks that she had yet to read in Skywalker's direction. "We have to research Geonosian brain worms. There isn't too much on them in the Archives from what I can tell. What I have discovered is not very pleasant." Regina grimaced. "I'm supposed to write a report." She looked over at him. "Well, I guess we have to write a report."

Skywalker's smile deepened as he opened the blue holobook.

"Are you taking notes?"

"Of course I am," Regina answered, smiling and pulling out her medium-sized data pad, fully loaded with neatly taken notes and doodles of the parasite. Skywalker blinked with surprised. "Impressed?" She smirked, looking at him with a sense of pride.