Krystara Diem

Sup. My name's Krystara Diem. But I prefer being called Tara. I'm kind of shorter than most, something I'm usually reminded of relentlessly. But trust me, despite my size, I have more strength than one would think. I don't really have much of a social life, at home or outside of it. In my family, I'm known as the rebel.. the outcast, the black sheep of the family. I have two older siblings, both obnoxious snooty brothers. One is twenty-five and the other twenty-two. Both of them follow-by-the rules and left home as soon as they were of age. They do everything possible not to besmirch the family name. I don't really get along with them, ever. Mostly my older, older brother. He's always lecturing me and giving me crap because I don't sit still and do as told. Aside from being the family disappointment, I also have ADHD, ADD..Yeah.. Big deal in my family. My family is, well, if you haven't noticed they're kinda uptight.

          So me suddenly finding myself in more trouble than usual. Well, let's just say it's not really helping in differentiating myself from the rest of them. Not just my brothers but my parents too. My grandparents, my grandfather a little less but still.. I know how they all feel about me. The whole family has roles and a strict foundation, rules must be followed. The only one that somewhat crosses over that line was my grandfather, then there's me. Yeah, no. There was a reason I became the family misfit. I have too much energy, and my family likes to maintain the.. respectful and presentable image, they have too. They were a face in the city people most often knew, my great grandfather's business still running and a big asset for the city to this day. The company was passed down from generation to generation, the whole family having to help manage. My great grandfather's kids took over, and then they eventually passed it to their kids, who, then passed it to theirs, like my brother's. Both of my brother's took over and co-run it together, and my mother helps with the logistics of it. They tell me I'm supposed to follow them and work there, maybe even take over too which, I don't even know if I want to..

           And it's not like I've become that much of a problem, just enough for some of the local cops to know me by name now. But if you are wondering, no I have not been to jail or anything. Well, until now. I got in a pretty bad fight the other day so now I have to go to some camp called Green Lake. Which I still think is a little bs. I knew from the start how my case was going to go, just how things went here. Still.. I was walking home and noticed some guy was following me. I specifically made a bunch of turns, only for him to keep following me. There's no way this was a conscience. Sorry I didn't stop to ask questions first. When the cops showed up, he said I had randomly gone crazy and started to assault him. And, of course no one really cared for my side of the story, or said anything in my defense, not to mention my records, well.. They took his side rather quickly.

          All my life I've pretty much stayed to myself. I barely talk to anyone really. Mostly family members, but even then, not really. Both my parents work, and my father's job keeps him away most of the time. So I don't really usually see my father all that often. My mother says it's because of his job, which I guess I believe, but I don't really know what he does for work. So it's hard to believe her at the same time. He nor my mom will tell me. I've heard my brothers and mother argue about it in the past, but they've always tried to keep it discreet, only hushed arguments were heard. Whenever I tried asking my grandparents, my grandmother would say it's because my father was too busy with business meetings in other states and my brother's were just upset he wasn't home more often. But it was his job, one he had to do and carry out regardless of the rift it's put in the family. That's when my grandfather would start to tell me stories. Stories about how our family used to protect another. For many, many generations. And someday, I might be the next one to carry on the tradition. My grandfather said it depended on fate. Yeah.. Fate. I don't know why he'd tell me these stories or what they had to do with my father and his work, maybe just to distract me. It worked, because when I was younger I believed him but now.. I don't know. Guess I won't really know till it happens.. If it ever happens that is. Which I doubt..

A/N Thanks for reading! In case you have read my other Zig-Zag story you may notice slight similarities as the story continues, that is because this story was written ages ago. I was never sure if I was going to edit this story so I used some scenes from this story in my "They call her, Red" story. I have tried changing as much as I can but there will be one or two scenes that you may notice. Other than that this is a completely new(ly edited) story. I hope you enjoy!